Post Thanks / Like

Where is the Rad fan relay ?

Turns out my rad fan is non operative at the moment. Phase 1 Ren9 turbo but should be same as 11 or 5 turbo ? ( Rad fan acts as anti perc too )

I test wired it to + on the battery and the fan started, so its not the earth lead.

The radiator temp switch i am not sure if it works or not, i have bridged the wires for the moment - to no avail, fan still does not start.

That leaves only the wiring or the fan RELAY itself? Is there a fuse? Any known issues here? Where on earth is it !?!?

If it pisses me off too much i guess ill have to wire it directly to the headlights or something

Please help as i really don't want it to overheat
    Last edited by xchipx; 26-09-2010 at 23:39.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where is the Rad fan relay ?

I can't comment on the O.E wiring and location of the relays but you could wire your rad up using just a standard 4 pin relay, the fan switch and +/- provided from the alternator.

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiff_lee View Post
    I can't comment on the O.E wiring and location of the relays but you could wire your rad up using just a standard 4 pin relay, the fan switch and +/- provided from the alternator.

I run my gtt like this and have wired a few other GTT's up like this also works well.

Post Thanks / Like

The fan switch, as in the temp switch on the rad? ( Sorry in my haynes manual it appears there are two switches )
    Last edited by xchipx; 28-09-2010 at 01:59.