Post Thanks / Like

New 'Events' section.

I don't know about anyone else but I've found that I am hardly browsing this forum (events) at all anymore simply because it is now a little out of the way. Is there anyway of using the now defunkt events header below just to alert peeps that there has been a new posting and linking it up to the main events section?

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New 'Events' section.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but I've found that I am hardly browsing this forum (events) at all anymore simply because it is now a little out of the way. Is there anyway of using the now defunkt events header below just to alert peeps that there has been a new posting and linking it up to the main events section?
    Funnily enough its something thats current on the committee boards... we looking into going back to the old way.... shame tho as Scoff spent alot of time on the "new format"

Post Thanks / Like

The new format is not quite as 'organic' as the old but is better laid out. I was just thinking of a way of flagging up new posts in the section, those little yellow boxes get me looking at new posts whatever the forum.

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, seems no one likes the new system. I'll just lump it back into the forum if thats what people want ?

The thread on the committee boards died without any real discussion so maybe members could post here to let me know what they'd sooner have and I'll just do that instead.

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    Yeah, seems no one likes the new system. I'll just lump it back into the forum if thats what people want ?

The thread on the committee boards died without any real discussion so maybe members could post here to let me know what they'd sooner have and I'll just do that instead.
    hoorah , someone see`s sense, i mentioned this yonks ago..., its like the 5 itself..much better first time round......

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

It was dawn that brought it to my attention so you have her to thank mr. jesus sir

Ok, compromise. I've hacked about with the forum listing on the main boards page. Now you can view the events section as a forum and see new posts on the main page as with any other forum. You can, if you choose still click on the "events" link in the blue bar and be taken to the ordered listing instead.

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

congratts guys , thats much better...., good work...., i feel more people will use it now etc etc, good on you peoples!

Post Thanks / Like

much better