efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

The new Contacts and discounts section

I've finnished writing the contacts and discounts section. It works rarther like the old sites contact section but with the ability to add additional information and with a much better set of admin controls meaning that it's quick and easy for us to update.

Dawn and co will be working on transfering over the currently valid information from the old site while finding new contacts and club discounts to add but for now it is pretty bare.

If you have some worthwhile contacts, links to companies, discounted or not, please submit them to the contacts section using the 'Submit a contact' link. The more good links we have in that database the better ofcourse, so please help out.

To see it, click 'contacts' at the top of your screen

btw, now that the bulk of the site is up and working I will be trying to re-jig the appearance of other pages to fall inline with the look of the new contacts and to generally tidy them up. Next on the adgenda is a real articles section and an all new Wizard section.. I better get ordering a new keyboard, letters wearing off this one

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The new Contacts and discounts section

Looking good, seems just like the old one, so easy to get used to.

BB have moved address though
    Unit 31 Redhills Industrial Est.
    Redhills Road,
    South Woodham Ferrers,
    Chelmsford,
    Essex,
    CM3 5UL

Post Thanks / Like

good work Scoff........

I will be looking up some names tomorrow

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

I know, thanks. I just copied and pasted that one over to get an idea of the look of things. I'll leave it to those updating it to change it.

Post Thanks / Like

Good work!

i've pm'd dawn the contact details for catcams so hopefully she'l get that finalised when she has time

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok nayls nice one you could have used the submit link, the details you enter stay hidden (IE discount info, etc) and are only seen by the admin viewing the submission before adding it to the database.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    Ok nayls nice one you could have used the submit link, the details you enter stay hidden (IE discount info, etc) and are only seen by the admin viewing the submission before adding it to the database.
    ahh,did'nt know that,if i ever get any more discounts/contacts i'l do it that way.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

good stuff, as always i like the old site look and it still seems to be about pain in the ar5e im sure but top work for making the effort..

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, a top job scoff

Today I got a deal for us from Goodridge brake hoses, 33.3% off retail price.

Yesterday I was at CTM and they asked me about our new site and having their details and discount code set up like on the old site.

I'm going to have a quick tidy up of the contacts section now and possibly add a couple from the old site that are still valid.

We have about 100 on the old site and Dawn is going to go through them and update as appropriate and then add the corrected info to this site.

Post Thanks / Like

Ace. And here's me moaning that my suggestions for articles and smilies aren't getting a proper response. I didn't realise the site was still being written in part. Maybe I missed the announcement at some point.

Nice one guys. The new site is starting to look very grown up

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Ace. And here's me moaning that my suggestions for articles and smilies aren't getting a proper response. I didn't realise the site was still being written in part. Maybe I missed the announcement at some point.

Nice one guys. The new site is starting to look very grown up
    I literally spend every spare minute writing parts for this site at the moment and I have an order of priority that I've already committed to. Don't be offended if I'm a bit sluggish with things like smilies, they're on my list, and like anything that's ever on any of my "lists" they always get done

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

To give you an idea of time scales, I put about 20hrs into writing the contacts page. OK, there's probably faster programmers out there than me, I'm pretty crap compared to the real guys, but still there's a lot of coding that lives behind every functional page. 842 lines of PHP in the contacts alone