Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

1988 F Reg Yellow Convertable Renault 5 Gt Turbo - Essex - on ebay

hi here i have 1 of 14 made renealt 5 gt turbo convertable its finished in a bmw dakka yellow with cobra bucket seats .this car has been highly modified as it has no roof and no windows .the engine im told is standard apart from group a carb & intercooler dump valve full s/s exaust clutch and bits .discs all round big k-tec discs at the front oz wheels very clean i think the suspension is uprated to this car has been built to a high standerd and someone has spent a lot of time and money on this.i have only owned this car about 5 months now and not had time to work on it for mot the hooter dont work needs a tyre or two and back seating needs tidying very easy project bits left to do. its shows 55000 miles but i have no paperwork just the green new keepers part of the and old tax discs and now i dont have room for it .this is a true summer show car and could be fast and fun to have as a 2nd car. for anymore info ring or text rick on 07932866631 thanks any veiwing welcome car is in brentwood essex thanks for looking everyone rick
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by dangerous dave; 01-09-2010 at 17:08.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1988 RENAULT 5 GT TURBO convertable - ESSEX

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=37

Have a read and amend before Dangerous D's piss boils over

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Been a few years since seeing this on the road, used to be owned by Alex who used to be a member on the site.

Nice motor, shame about the no roof, windows, they have plates welding over them, but from what he said the state of it when he got it, it was good to even see it on the road.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post

waiting for a price from the guy who owns it as hes not sure thanks chris

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Been a few years since seeing this on the road, used to be owned by Alex who used to be a member on the site.

Nice motor, shame about the no roof, windows, they have plates welding over them, but from what he said the state of it when he got it, it was good to even see it on the road.
    i got asked to swap this for my raider some yrs ago siad no as it was in a poor state

Post Thanks / Like

I would be intrested in this depending on price, is it an EBS conversion cus i thought those all came with windows and roof? or have they been removed as a "modification"?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoboEK View Post
    I would be intrested in this depending on price, is it an EBS conversion cus i thought those all came with windows and roof? or have they been removed as a "modification"?
    cant say much about it mate you would have to ring the guy up sorry guys

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

It used to be an ebs cab but for some reason Alex removed the roof and windows(with a hammer) and had the holes that were left welded over, so now it's pretty much a 5 with the roof cut off. But will have the strengthened Windscreen and chassis rails of an ebs.
    Shame it can't really be returned to how it was now, not that you could get the parts anywhere other than ebs direct for a small fortune.

Post Thanks / Like

Murdered !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac trasher - Nick View Post
    Murdered !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Like I said earlier, the whole car was an awful state, thinking smashed windows and not easily saved without destroying another convertible if can find a non gt turbo version. the roof did go off to save another convertible though.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

A bit tough to own a Renault 5 Convertible with either no windows or roof with the UK Weather I think....

Does it come with a set of waterproofs, a snorkel & some wellies?

Post Thanks / Like

Just drive over 70 and you dont get wet well didn't in the 19 cab but didn't help needing to slow down for a roundabout

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post

so long as near all the info's in there my wee will stay warm but not boiled..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    Does it come with a set of waterproofs, a snorkel & some wellies?

The roof went to jim in torquay from what i remember, Windows went in the bin in a million bits . i remember meeting the bloke who murdered it at the french car show, seemed so pleased with himself too

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1988 F Reg Yellow Convertable Renault 5 Gt Turbo - Essex - on ebay

But if anyone knows alex they will know he always likes doing something different even thought it was a ebs convertable he likes to break the rules and go against what others tell or think as that's just him. I remember seeing the photos of him welded and spraying the car in his garage

i also remember them seats from a black Renault 5 which use to be local aswell hey dave

Non-member old skool turbo power's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

and just to think that this was once one day a renault 5 ebs convertible rolling outta the factory and looking all goodits a shame to think on how people can modify such a car and with the history on the ebs is pretty intresting from what is says on the net.and just to think its it wasall o.e and had 55k on the clock just think what sort of price you would be talking.its a shame in my opion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r5 rich View Post
    But if anyone knows alex they will know he always likes doing something different even thought it was a ebs convertable he likes to break the rules and go against what others tell or think as that's just him. I remember seeing the photos of him welded and spraying the car in his garage

i also remember them seats from a black Renault 5 which use to be local aswell hey dave
    could have just removed them and sold the windows instead of smashing them- i thought they were thicker than the standard gt turbo items.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

to be fair its just good for parts really i would break it as i cant see it being put back to oe spec any more

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raider_gtt View Post
    to be fair its just good for parts really i would break it as i cant see it being put back to oe spec any more
    Why break? Rear windows might be the same as the 19 cab, the front doors I believe nick made one from a campus door and shaped into place. Could be that the mechanisms all there for the windows just needs removing the welded plates. Custom roofs can be made still. A bit of work and can get back to driving all year round but thats if you have time, money and want the effort

Post Thanks / Like

It gets more depressing

Update!!!
    Had a call from a guy called Chris who has previous knowledge of this particular car so here's some more info that may interest you:
    Threre were 14 of these cars made with 7 being Turbo charged.
    The car's original colour was red.
    It has been involved in an accident back in 2000 or there abouts as HPI will probably confirm (I haven't checked HPI but there are signs of damage on the boot floor)
    The mileage is not correct (I can't confirm the correct mileage).
    Car has previously featured in a magazine some time in 2001.

Post Thanks / Like

Front windows are £350 each! God knows how much for a roof.

I wasn't gunna say but as it's been brought up, I know of at least 3 crashes this cars had am1 involving a police car.
    At least it's all 1 colour now, it used to b 1 outside, 1 inside, engine bay another, hoses and engine parts different again and seats not matching. Lol
    If it's in good knick y would u break it? It's worth something to some1 as a permanent cabby.
    And it will have the genuine ebs strengthenin done.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    It gets more depressing

Update!!!
    Had a call from a guy called Chris who has previous knowledge of this particular car so here's some more info that may interest you:
    Threre were 14 of these cars made with 7 being Turbo charged.
    The car's original colour was red.
    It has been involved in an accident back in 2000 or there abouts as HPI will probably confirm (I haven't checked HPI but there are signs of damage on the boot floor)
    The mileage is not correct (I can't confirm the correct mileage).
    Car has previously featured in a magazine some time in 2001.

yes and thats old news mate i was offered it for my raider back in 2000 ish so though i would let the guy no as he didnt have a clue about the car and if this is in the listting then he aint hideing anything when someone goes to look at it people so whats your problem

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stu21t View Post
    Front windows are £350 each! God knows how much for a roof.

I wasn't gunna say but as it's been brought up, I know of at least 3 crashes this cars had am1 involving a police car.
    At least it's all 1 colour now, it used to b 1 outside, 1 inside, engine bay another, hoses and engine parts different again and seats not matching. Lol
    If it's in good knick y would u break it? It's worth something to some1 as a permanent cabby.
    And it will have the genuine ebs strengthenin done.
    all comes down to cost and if someone thinks its worth it to get it done everyone to there own really

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

none of the crash damage has been done right right back from when i was offered it many yrs ago its bad news i say its had 3 crashs its jinksed hehe

Post Thanks / Like

I meant it's worth something to some1 as it is, not to return it to how it was.

Post Thanks / Like

yes and thats old news mate i was offered it for my raider back in 2000 ish so though i would let the guy no as he didnt have a clue about the car and if this is in the listting then he aint hideing anything when someone goes to look at it people so whats your problem
    No problem here. you?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    No problem here. you?
    no not at all mate

Post Thanks / Like

What damage was done to the car when it was involved in these smash's? Light or heavy, anyone know?

Shame as for me i like it, as Rich says its individual and has been done to how the owner wanted it and not follow a trend.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    What damage was done to the car when it was involved in these smash's? Light or heavy, anyone know?

Shame as for me i like it, as Rich says its individual and has been done to how the owner wanted it and not follow a trend.

when i looked it needed a new front pannel and maybe a cross member and the rear boot floor need a whole new one not sure about the back pannel if this was damaged as for it had the bumper on it under the car im not sure if it needed anything hope this helps doors didnt shunt right as well roof didnt meet up with the top of the windscreen as in alinement wise when it was on the car

Post Thanks / Like

Who the fek would want a bent Renault 5 even if it is a cabriolet? That car is worth zilch unless its been properly jigged and fully checked regardless of how rare it is.

If it was me, i would offer scrap value, take it somewhere to get pulled and then start again before it even sniffed another bit of tarmac!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Why break? Rear windows might be the same as the 19 cab, the front doors I believe nick made one from a campus door and shaped into place. Could be that the mechanisms all there for the windows just needs removing the welded plates. Custom roofs can be made still. A bit of work and can get back to driving all year round but thats if you have time, money and want the effort
    Rear windows are different to the 19 ones, Front doors can be made but if the window reg's are missing then thats a big problems as they are scissor action type not normal 5 reg's. rear reg's are one off's. Front door glass is one off ( 2" longer), rear windows are one off, door window seals are seat ibiza pre 1990 and you can't get them anymore, The only way you could restore that car is by getting a donor car. But is it worth it if its bent If its going cheap then give me a pm,

AND there were 1400 EBS cabriolets made in total, 33 right hand drive of which 13 were GT Turbo's. Phase 1 upto Feb 1990 and phase 2 up to end of 1990. Mine is batch no 576.

Post Thanks / Like

On ebay for £2400

Post Thanks / Like

The roof went to jim in torquay from what i remember, Windows went in the bin in a million bits . i remember meeting the bloke who murdered it at the french car show, seemed so pleased with himself too
    This is correct, good memory Nick Mine was in poor condition and his one was mint. Ended up bining mey original as no one wanted it.
    It looked a mess (4-5 years ago)to me and i personally think it looks awful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    On ebay for £2400

£2k too much imo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimGTT View Post
    This is correct, good memory Nick Mine was in poor condition and his one was mint. Ended up bining mey original as no one wanted it.
    It looked a mess (4-5 years ago)to me and i personally think it looks awful.
    Who's got your old cabby now jim?? Rich somebody???

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

On ebay for £2400
    I sold my OE example for about that money years ago as I needed money quickly. Saw it recently go on ebay for £6500

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a convertibe 5 just wait till next year.
    I'm gunna restore mine over Xmas and hopefully have it ready for sale in mint condition for next summer.
    STD bodykit is going back on with lots of new/refurbed parts.
    But it will b a lot more than the 2400 for this yellow one lol.
    Start Savin peeps lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phase i 16 v turbo View Post
    I sold my OE example for about that money years ago as I needed money quickly. Saw it recently go on ebay for £6500

aint that cutting tho when that happens had that myself mate

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

On ebay for £2400
    its got a bid on it jrp

Post Thanks / Like

its got a bid on it jrp
    Thanks i'll keep my eye on it, i might buy it

Post Thanks / Like

Who's got your old cabby now jim?? Rich somebody???
    yeah Rich? cant remember either but he live in the isle of wight

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks i'll keep my eye on it, i might buy it

its going to need a lot of work to put right jrp but hay im sure you are more than up to the job mate
    go on be a and make it a conv again would be nice to see this done right for once

Post Thanks / Like

There my old seats lol