Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

paint codes

First post!

Hi Everyone, does anyone have a list of paint codes for r5 phase 2.
    In the long (very expensive) process of complete nut and bolt rebuild of my 1991 gtt.
    What colour should I go for 1-glacier white or 2-Raider blue.
    all coments appreciated.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: paint codes

Hi John!!

Let me first start by saying WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

I'm only in St Neots I'm not only local to you but your Area Rep so I'll be able to help out if you need any help?? I rebuilt my Raider in 2003 so can give you a few hints and tips!!

As for Paint Codes the Renault Paint codes are as follows:

719 Bright Red
    389 Glacier White
    694 Black
    495 Electric Blue
    348 Base for Pearl White with 168 Pearl...
    449 - Raider (variant number 1 = purple flip).
    690 Phase 1 silver

My recommendation would be for you to paint the car in the colour it was originally. If it's a regular phase 2 and you paint it in Renault Sports Bleu (Raider Blue) then you will be short of all the other Raider detail points such as the blue fleck seats, black carpets etc?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Thanks Steve, its good to know you are local to me as I will need lots help putting this baby back together (she is standard tungey grey), but I just don`t like that colour This is my 3rd gtt now, the others were electric blue (when I was much younger!) .
    Really not sure which way to go, the raider interior is not a massive problem as I have seen seats etc on e-bay and mine has grey carpets which look better than the black . Maybe I should stay original but I think she needs a change,this car is completely stripped and I have parts all over the place at the moment!
    I have said it will take approx 5 yrs to complete I am a bit OCD with this car and everything will be replaced with new or refurbed to high standard.
    I will really need a standard car to take lots of photos as I need some sort of ref regarding pipe work etc as it was a while ago now that she came to pieces.
    Thanks again Steve hope to talk again soon.
    regards John.

Post Thanks / Like

Imo it would be a shame to put alot of effort in to making it a raider but to fall short. You can never have it as a raider on the log book. Electric blue is very nice and i believe rarer than the raider colour. Difficult one really, i love all the colours really. White can look immaculate and v v nice

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VALE46 View Post

Thanks Steve, its good to know you are local to me as I will need lots help putting this baby back together (she is standard tungey grey), but I just don`t like that colour This is my 3rd gtt now, the others were electric blue (when I was much younger!) .
    Really not sure which way to go, the raider interior is not a massive problem as I have seen seats etc on e-bay and mine has grey carpets which look better than the black . Maybe I should stay original but I think she needs a change,this car is completely stripped and I have parts all over the place at the moment!
    I have said it will take approx 5 yrs to complete I am a bit OCD with this car and everything will be replaced with new or refurbed to high standard.
    I will really need a standard car to take lots of photos as I need some sort of ref regarding pipe work etc as it was a while ago now that she came to pieces.
    Thanks again Steve hope to talk again soon.
    regards John.

yep, you belong here

Post Thanks / Like

Whats wrong with Tungsten Grey?!

Welcome along, and only messing! Im with Steve though, paint it the colour it was originally.

Post Thanks / Like

electric blue for me or white

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Carrying on from the other night, I have had two electric blue ones and its an awesome colour, I know I should stick with tungey grey, but white also looks really nice (so confused),this car will be totally standard as I have played with power in the past and now want a standard one. I am really going to town on this one and see it as a 5 year project I have most of sub assembly done with all new parts ,both front/rear axle and subframe have been blasted and re-painted in RAL9005 which is a lovely black (better than original look).
    I was wondering if any members have a running standard gtt that they would let me come and take photos of engine bay etc, as its gonna be a while before I get to the rebuild stage and need some sort of picture jigsaw!!
    Also which clutch is best to put in and where is the best place to get a garrett t2 at the moment??
    One last question for someone, my new genuine ( v expensive) turbo heat shield arrived the other day along with perc fan sensor, is there another part to the sensor (gromet)?? as the hole in heat shield is way to big and the sensor sits in it like a c**k in a bucket!
    Regards to all, have a fun weekend, work hard, play harder!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome along to the club.

I'm of the same opinion as everyone else I'm afraid, stay away from the 449, it will never be a raider. I was in a similar boat but mine started pearl White with really bad paint work and need a full respray, had it sprayed a custom mixed blue with a metallic base and purple pearl so it wasn't a replica raider so that might be an idea, or go with the White.

I think you need a grommet in the heatsheild to hold the perc sensor in place btw.

Post Thanks / Like

tungy grey is a great colour when its finished nice and shines up well (fresh paint)

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome to come round mine & take a few pictures of mine I'd you want, She's pretty standard.

Better still why not come down to the Renault world series at silverstone in a couple of weeks where most of the really original cars in the club will be exhibiting.