Post Thanks / Like

BB performance high lift GT Spec camshaft

Do anyone have any information on this, and how it compares/differs from the piper/kent cams that everyone speaks so highly of. Don't have any more info on them and cant find any using the seach button. Thanks :-)

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BB performance high lift GT Spec camshaft

they are a mild cam in fact milder than a 270 piper one, i have one in my gtt and its a nice on road cam

Post Thanks / Like

I think you might be talking about 2 different cams, the original BB260 was a piper 270, a mild cam, the last cam they did was a catcam, and a different animal.

https://www.rtoc.org/cam/?cam=BB+5500...vance=0&vc=0.2

Post Thanks / Like

oh, and it should suit your spec well, although it needs a bit more boost.

Why are you asking?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Alan, I hope you're well and enjoying the car!

Just to clarify as Andrew said, the Gt Spec is a different animal. It was the last cam that BB did before they closed shop and better than thier earlier ones.

I was lead to believe it's not far off the spec of a piper 285 but is done in such a way that you can use standard valve clearances but just change to stronger springs which it had. I was amazed at how the cam changes the exhaust note when it went in.

If you have a look through the papers and receipts that came with the car you should find a small plastic bag with a piece of paper in and the Camshaft spec on it.. duration, lift etc etc.

Take a pic of the spec sheet and post it up here and perhaps someone with a bit more knowledge on it than me can have have a look.

Get the fueling set up again (a little leaner lower down) and get the boost up to around 16/17psi (make sure it's still rich enough at WOT with the guage) and it should fly! With the carb in it's current setup and 15psi it used to spin the wheels in 2nd in the dry.

BTW, I really miss the sound!! and I hope your neighbours have been ok about it!!
    Last edited by SPENCER; 29-08-2010 at 13:38.

Post Thanks / Like

Still cant beat a good old piper 285,works best on a t28 i've found. Like most say depends what set up you have and what you want from your car.