Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What clubs would you like us to invite to ND 2011

Some excellent ideas have came through on this thread

So we could call it something like "National Renault Rally,meeting etc" .......in association with RTOC (or something along those lines)

So plan of attack is....

1. Find out venue ideas from members by Thursday.
    2. Call venues Friday and over the next few days.
    3. Show members: prices, availability and facility.
    4. Book venue
    5. Set up a rtoc user name on all main clubs for cm use.
    6. Get flyers printed before wsr and get the ball rolling

Keep the positive ideas coming guy
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

If we could get it to work, alot of classic renaults etc with rtoc etc.. iam sure Renault TV would have to be contacted to see if they would want to do a shoot down there or somthing i mean we are its heritige (poor spelling)

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SP33DY View Post
    Well I'm going to disagree with you there Steve. I've been a member on cliosport since 2005 and most of them are throbbers. You do have a good bunch of lads like foxy, whiteley etc who are proper enthusiasts but the majority are little chavs who would do little more than spoil the day for everyone and cause a bigger uproar than this year.
    Appreciate the mention Steve, thanks. And I completely agree with you

Post Thanks / Like

maybe it should just be rtoc members,folk that are actually into there cars an want to be there for the chat,laughter,track time etc,not just to get a 'cheap track day',an that hopefully includes many 5's and whatever other car you decided to bring along.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SP33DY View Post
    Well I'm going to disagree with you there Steve. I've been a member on cliosport since 2005 and most of them are throbbers. You do have a good bunch of lads like foxy, whitely etc who are proper enthusiasts but the majority are little chavs who would do little more than spoil the day for everyone and cause a bigger uproar than this year.
    True, a few members are 'throbbers'. But tbh the undesirables stay out of the trackday section. Unless its a £20 session they dont want to know. Which is a good thing afterall

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Streetfighter View Post
    How do we get our own memebers to turn out or are there really not that many of us anymore?
    I think the classic renault day is the way to get our own members to turn out. I love looking at 5's but i can look at mine any day of the week, getting some 8's, turbo 2's and other classic renaults would tempt most of our members as a lot must be into retro rides.
    Great idea and a great way to get other people AND our members to turn up imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post

So we could call it something like "National Renault Rally,meeting etc" .......in association with RTOC (or something along those lines)
    If we did then isn't it moving way from the whole idea of the day, a National Day meet for RTOC?

Not to put a downer on the idea as i think it would be good to see a few motre retro cars but for me it sounds like a day which we'll (RTOC committee) do the hard work just to put on a day for other clubs who have no involvement for the club.

If not careful i could see Rockingham happening all over again.

Not trying to sound negative, just my thoughts on it.

Post Thanks / Like

before we invite anyone i would like to see more effort into trying to get out own members to come as it is them who are paying for it after all.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    before we invite anyone i would like to see more effort into trying to get out own members to come as it is them who are paying for it after all.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course, but that point is huge and we can only discuss so many things at once lol. We will get to that soon, I promise

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

its all about the ice cream van marc... no Nday is the same without one..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D4WNO View Post
    Of course, but that point is huge and we can only discuss so many things at once lol. We will get to that soon, I promise
    no worries. just didnt want all hope lost on our members.

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    its all about the ice cream van marc... no Nday is the same without one..
    Lol, I want an icecream van too actually, good idea. I'd like to see more stands and traders etc too for the members.

Post Thanks / Like

Effort how ? Publicity ? Price ?
    Is the track thing putting non racer type members off ? Do we want more show and shine stuff ? Is normal entry too expensive ?

Post Thanks / Like

Ice cream van.. i have a memory of ND 2008 some bird bought ice creams and stacked it! ice cream went every where i felt so bad for her but had a small chuckle as it was like a comedy sketch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    Effort how ? Publicity ? Price ?
    Is the track thing putting non racer type members off ? Do we want more show and shine stuff ? Is normal entry too expensive ?
    i wish i had the answer we have 1200 ish members, not in a million years would they all ever come but if we could get 400 in or so then we are going in the right direction. im happy with just track, im even happy with just listening to peoples sh1te music in a field on the friday night at 3am and having a crack with everyone but many others want more, qestion is what? i personally would be happy to pay more to stop people coming just for the cheap track day at our clubs expense. its a national day with added bonus of track, not the otherway round.
    no one came with their kids, no one came with their partners because there was nothing there for them as dave said not even a ice cream van. the organisation that goes into these events must be huge so dont think im slagging your hard work but with members help maybe we can get more in, kenobi sorted autoglym, mike bought his spares but surely we can get more through the door and hopefully attract existing members.
    what would it cost to get a mobile rolling road in and charge a fee per car? just a idea and its not really for me but some may want it. i remember when renault came and bought some cars to try and that seemed a sucess its free pr for them if pfc come and take some photos for once.
    what about getting somone qualified in with a fast car and charge for passenger rides or have a way of people hiring out a car to have a 20 min session with a instructor if they dont want do hurt their mint 5?
    now these ideas may be crap but somone will have the answers.
    as bill mentioned getting more retro renaults in would be awesome whether they wanted to go on track or not it would be great to get the numbers up and have more exotic cars but if they dont go on track there is nothing there for them at all and i feel its the empty car park we need to fill up.
    if im talking crap and singing off the wrong song sheet then tell me but somthing is missing at these events and i bet alot of members would like to come but they need to stand up and say what they want as all the guys that have posted over the last week are all pretty happy with what was laid in for them but there just is not enough of us.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, some of those points have already been covered. People did bring their kids and we had a 20 minute session just after 12 so they could take their kids out on track nice and slowly with nobody else around. People did bring their partners, you're just blind lol. Miller already suggested somewhere (maybe on CM forum so you may not have seen it) to get someone like the guy from Mushroom racing (who attended this year) to take people out on track and teach them some skills . There is a lot in the pipeline and everyone's opinions and ideas are being taken on board

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D4WNO View Post
    Actually, some of those points have already been covered. People did bring their kids and we had a 20 minute session just after 12 so they could take their kids out on track nice and slowly with nobody else around. People did bring their partners, you're just blind lol. Miller already suggested somewhere (maybe on CM forum so you may not have seen it) to get someone like the guy from Mushroom racing (who attended this year) to take people out on track and teach them some skills . There is a lot in the pipeline and everyone's opinions and ideas are being taken on board

dawn where are all the members? i did 2 pod days under rach h and both times the camp site was rammed, week events are just the bottom line of trees..

where did everyone go, have we all got to old? are the numbers down or are we just gonna have to built on the events over time, perhaps the chopping and changing isnt the answer.. sometimes the same ol sh1t works, brings all the people back from the last year and 10% more the next and so on.. is everyone trying to hard or perhaps they really are just missing the Mr wippy van..

i mean, who wouldn't return to mallory? is sticking it out the answer and doing the new plans via that venue the best idea..

whatever you guys are dreaming up back there should be stuck with for longer than 1 year and 1 event

Post Thanks / Like

The whole idea is to think of a long-term plan as eventually the classic thing will grow old and those cars will dwindle out, along with ours, so it's got to be ever changing and organic I guess in a way. No mean feat!

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    dawn where are all the members? i did 2 pod days under rach h and both times the camp site was rammed, week events are just the bottom line of trees..

where did everyone go, have we all got to old? are the numbers down or are we just gonna have to built on the events over time, perhaps the chopping and changing isnt the answer.. sometimes the same ol sh1t works, brings all the people back from the last year and 10% more the next and so on.. is everyone trying to hard or perhaps they really are just missing the Mr wippy van..

i mean, who wouldn't return to mallory? is sticking it out the answer and doing the new plans via that venue the best idea..

whatever you guys are dreaming up back there should be stuck with for longer than 1 year and 1 event
    Dave back in the days of Rach H, pod was technically advertised as French Turbo Cars owners day (on the pod calender), also alot of members from back then have gone onto pastures new... the 5's are decreasing in numbers, being reutned to OE and not really up for Track days, etc... also members from back then are abit more older, maybe have kids, familys and dont have time to go and sit in a field for a weekend...

Times have changed, Question is in 5 years will there even be a ND, will the numbers be lower?? Will it just be hiring a field and going camping?

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been to a national day, but will be coming to the next where ever.

I do however attend the rsoc day up here at croft every year. What always make the day is the weather for me, unfortunately we can never guarantee that.

Croft always has a show and shine competition.
    track entry
    0-60 times
    and loads of grub and beer stalls.

passenger ride outs would be great, i would love ago out in a gtr of gt2
    mobile r/r another good idea.

Get me a pa set up, i will bring my decks and phil g with provide and crazy rave night on the Friday

Post Thanks / Like

A trackday insurance policy for members would be good

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually think this is the most important point that's been raised throughout all the ND discussions.

If we can get more of our own members to attend then maybe we don't need to pimp the event out to other clubs possibly watering down the 5GT part of it even further. Doing this may turn off more of our members further still making the event even harder to promote to RTOC members?

I have had a change of mind about my 5 (Doris ) thanks to Miller persuading me,
    it won't be ready for the next ND but will be ready one day!

If we don't have enough members prepared to come to a track-based event maybe the format needs to be completely different, as far as i'm concerned a track based event is my favourite as 5's were meant to be driven not hidden away in cotten wool but if it's not appealing to the majority of members then maybe it not what it's meant to be i.e. a Renault National Day.

Could we have a poll for members to suggest different types of event they may be interested in for a nat day?
    Maybe a cruise type event with/near a funfair and evening entertainment (music,drinks etc) at a proper campsite is more suited to the majority and the minority into track events need to get together and attend trackdays en masse to keep what we have just now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    I think you hit nail on head mate, i think more alternative things to do during the day would be better as it'll cater for alot more members needs.

I'm not the show and shine sort of person (racings for me) but it'll be nice to have maybe a show and shine area for peole to wander around or even attract the more of the people just wishing to park up and show there cars.

Dawn - yes i think a possibility to have more traders would attract more visiters.

How about a for sale section too?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good Mark. The sectioning can be done very easily, I actually wanted to do this this year but couldn't get hold of Miller to plan it in time.

Stands and for sale sections shouldn't be too much of an issue. PFC may want a little stand as one of their guys actually came and spent some time with us this Nat Day, to look around the cars, chat to Miller and watch some of the racing. I can think of loads of potential people to approach but that will all come later on Most importantly, I want an icecream van

Post Thanks / Like

Nice ideas car.crash, lots of people normally up for rolling road so a mobile one on site would be good. I still think having some other rare Renaults is a good attraction for our own members and will boost our numbers though.
    RTOC Car part car boot Mark?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    Instead of all the newer cars and their clubs, I'd like to see some of the older Renaults attend, especially as everyone on here keeps saying (and rightly so) that the gtt is becoming a classic.

21TOC
    R5gordini.co.uk
    Alpine Owners Club

What about the 5 Turbo/Turbo 2 owners? I remember the first RWS event at Donington where about 20 of these turned up, and it was said to be the biggest collection in this country for years. I'm sure they'd like the opportunity to get their cars together again.

Then what about going back further? There has also been a good collection of Renault 8's, and various other classic Renaults at the World Series before, so how about trying to track some of those down?

OK, I appreciate the fact that the 21TOC and the Alpine Owners Club have been invited in the past, and have not been that interested. But how about trying to talk to the 'top brass' and trying to maybe organise it as a joint annual event with them, and not just an RTOC day that they've been invited to? Who knows, it might even help to shake the 'boy racer' image of the gtt, and this club, and get some more members, bringing in some different cars.
    My god Billy Boy, thats the best thing you've said yet! ..This is the future of the National Day in my opinion! Couldn't agree more with Bill. We need to get them on board asap! Perhaps we could set up a small committee designated just for promoting the National Day of 2011. A group of responsible members who can represent the RTOC and do it proud.
    I think its the threat of the newer Renault clubs attending that may be playing a part in the older car clubs not wanting to attend as has already been said! I for one wouldnt want a 25 year old classic Renault being parked next to a 1.2 Clio Extreme witha bodykit and a joint on the dash. Jaffa also touched on something in his post with the point it may be worth really pushing this at the RWS in a few weeks. Someone grab Mr. Dell and tell him our intentions for the next National Day. Hell, even ask Renault Sport if they would like to attend. The further we stay away from the modern Renault club the better as it would simply ruin the day imo. Lets get the classic Renault people organising this with us...

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    Dave back in the days of Rach H, pod was technically advertised as French Turbo Cars owners day (on the pod calender), also alot of members from back then have gone onto pastures new... the 5's are decreasing in numbers, being reutned to OE and not really up for Track days, etc... also members from back then are abit more older, maybe have kids, familys and dont have time to go and sit in a field for a weekend...

Times have changed, Question is in 5 years will there even be a ND, will the numbers be lower?? Will it just be hiring a field and going camping?
    the pod numbers dropped like a stone in one year, i cant say it for fact but im sure Ian know and theres something kicking about to confirm. we went from pod to the track as our main event which lost us lots of members attending, then tried pod as a second event to run along side and numbers never came back..

if we hadn't changed perhaps the numbers would have slid but not this low this fast.. i think there scope for bringing them back as our membership numbers aren't that bad..

i was talking to miller about how the numbers turning up had shrunk but many of the old faces were still there, so your right we are getting old but we (where we can) still turn up, look at billy, hes gotta be in his mid 40's and he still comes..

if members have familys etc there just has to be enough on so they can drag the misses and kids along for a few hours and take part.. the lack of sunshine must have lost you a few members are the ladies didn't fancy standing in the rain.

im still liking billys older alpine, 5 turbo 1/2, and the older motors coming..

its fair us members are clearly letting the team down in our own way, back to area reps, local meets, getting to know your local members then clubbing together to make it on the day.. i had people phoning me all week about it, even on the friday night at midnight from the campsite.. our guys round here are great but theres a few that we need to get involved, im sure this is there case for everyone and there own little groups..

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=

its fair us members are clearly letting the team down in our own way, back to area reps, local meets, getting to know your local members then clubbing together to make it on the day.. i had people phoning me all week about it, even on the friday night at midnight from the campsite.. our guys round here are great but theres a few that we need to get involved, im sure this is there case for everyone and there own little groups..[/quote]

It is about the local people comming together, thats a key to then bigger events working... iam forever having things going on round my way, iam not even worthy enough to be an area rep.. but i still arrange stuff, if another local member hasnt already sorted somthing... make the building blocks better and see what happens

Post Thanks / Like

That's a point who is my local guy?

Post Thanks / Like

maybe something like a caravan park could be used as a venue, plenty of secure parking for the cars, comfortable accommodation and facilities, on site clubhouse/pub/club. would have to be out of holiday season but could be more family friendly and sociable, obviously there wouldn't be motor sports but we could have pod day and a rtoc trackday which would make nat day a social event, you could still have traders, show and shine, ect, ect. i doubt there would be any huge outlay from the club needed as the site would make money from pitches/entertainment

Edit: was ment for the what do members want from nat day 2011 thread
    Last edited by TNT Tricky Nicky; 25-08-2010 at 19:45. Reason: wrong thread!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Im bringing some of my club-clio members to national day as we are attending FCS the next day ..but anyone doing tracktime is already registered on this site as a member anyway

The people that arnt doing tracktime will be coming as spectaters

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah deffo 21toc

Post Thanks / Like

Tried last year ...even offered them a discount on track prices ....no takers .Sibley reckoned his car was too loud

Scotland Regional Rep youngscottie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

just a thought
    a few years back we had a day out with the polo g40 boys
    they seem like the type who would like a bit track time
    and the cars are well matched

Post Thanks / Like

You'll have all the Renault only brigade up in arms if we did that
    Ticket sales for track are slow though .......In fact sales for all tickets are slack .

Post Thanks / Like

clio sport, g40 lads, maybe even fto owners club ??

Post Thanks / Like

cliosport for the show and shine in the car park

Post Thanks / Like

would a venue like brunters be more up to what we want? areas for showing stuff off, a track area and a back straight for gps stats on 0-60/quarter mile and topspeed?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive attended the last 8 years this will be my last methinks.43 and new business sadly ive done less and less on the car front.