Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What clubs would you like us to invite to ND 2011

To prevent us from having to sell tickets to non-reno owners, can you please tell us what clubs you would like to see at ND11 to help support our event.

Can you please give the URL and if you know the person to contact within their club.

Chris

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What clubs would you like us to invite to ND 2011

Cliosport.net

Admin team, Nik, Tom, Revels & Brian to mention a few.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Retro-renault club, i know a few members on there like track days and might be able to get a few more renaults into the mixture.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm going to disagree with you there Steve. I've been a member on cliosport since 2005 and most of them are throbbers. You do have a good bunch of lads like foxy, whitely etc who are proper enthusiasts but the majority are little chavs who would do little more than spoil the day for everyone and cause a bigger uproar than this year.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe try renault5gtturbo, a site designed for this car, but maybe too scared to pay out for the full amount, if its similar pricing involved then maybe they will sign up to the club and realise the benefit from here.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SP33DY View Post
    Well I'm going to disagree with you there Steve. I've been a member on cliosport since 2005 and most of them are throbbers. You do have a good bunch of lads like foxy, whitely etc who are proper enthusiasts but the majority are little chavs who would do little more than spoil the day for everyone and cause a bigger uproar than this year.
    many are im sure but fingers crossed they stay home and only the good lads join the fun.. most would just come and wash there cars and to be honest thats fine with me, some others to boost the day and pack out the viewing areas will only add to the day..

if they are throbbers, they can be ejected, its can be part of the terms of coming surely..

as for who, if we go through all our fello renault clubs and are still short, lets keep it french and try some other cars in the same class, hot hatch with a pokey engine.. 106 rallye forum.. http://www.106rallye.co.uk/ maybe pass the saxo boys as they really do have a bad rep..

Post Thanks / Like

clio williams owners club

Post Thanks / Like

would like to see any of Renault type clubs to club keep it french and renault.

cliosport
    retro renault
    clio 197.net/clio 200.net
    megane sport.net
    meagne owners club
    clio16v owners club

I am sure they is a few more renault clubs thats u have missed

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes i suppose your right, but he did ask for clubs?

I know i got my info from there, 'foxy's thread' but i'm Jap anyway

Thinking about it, if it's anything like FCS i give that a wide berth as too many heros with to much to prove.

This club 'Jaffa' knows made me laugh; pussyboyzintherepussyboycarz.com

You do realise you RTOC will get out numbered

Post Thanks / Like

If i remember correctly back in 2003 at pod, (not saying i want pod back ) but we had a few guys from the 21 owners club, and some retro renault club people.. just a passing memory i had.

Be mindful of the size of the clubs we intend to ask, as some are rather large in comparison to us... out of active willing people that is.

Iam sure that a good decision will be made i have faith

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    Maybe try renault5gtturbo, a site designed for this car, but maybe too scared to pay out for the full amount, if its similar pricing involved then maybe they will sign up to the club and realise the benefit from here.
    Its been posted up to invite people from the site for the last 2 years now but no one really seems too keen. There are a lot fewer regular users and not many really know each other like over here. I think this is the main thing putting people off.

We'll keep putting it up, along with POD days and local meets in the hope people will come and maybe even sign up on RTOC too

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of all the newer cars and their clubs, I'd like to see some of the older Renaults attend, especially as everyone on here keeps saying (and rightly so) that the gtt is becoming a classic.

21TOC
    R5gordini.co.uk
    Alpine Owners Club

What about the 5 Turbo/Turbo 2 owners? I remember the first RWS event at Donington where about 20 of these turned up, and it was said to be the biggest collection in this country for years. I'm sure they'd like the opportunity to get their cars together again.

Then what about going back further? There has also been a good collection of Renault 8's, and various other classic Renaults at the World Series before, so how about trying to track some of those down?

OK, I appreciate the fact that the 21TOC and the Alpine Owners Club have been invited in the past, and have not been that interested. But how about trying to talk to the 'top brass' and trying to maybe organise it as a joint annual event with them, and not just an RTOC day that they've been invited to? Who knows, it might even help to shake the 'boy racer' image of the gtt, and this club, and get some more members, bringing in some different cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried 21toc and RAOC again this year and got one taker apart from MartinF who is a member here also .....
    TBA they don't like to step outside their clique ....

Edit .

I spoke to the 'top brass' of both clubs .It's not them it's the members .Or it could just be my manner Perhaps we need to set Big S on them as he is now the events dude

Post Thanks / Like

Ohh my god.. BILL J just had an epic idea... and i thought he was a plonker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    Instead of all the newer cars and their clubs, I'd like to see some of the older Renaults attend, especially as everyone on here keeps saying (and rightly so) that the gtt is becoming a classic.

21TOC
    R5gordini.co.uk
    Alpine Owners Club

What about the 5 Turbo/Turbo 2 owners? I remember the first RWS event at Donington where about 20 of these turned up, and it was said to be the biggest collection in this country for years. I'm sure they'd like the opportunity to get their cars together again.

Then what about going back further? There has also been a good collection of Renault 8's, and various other classic Renaults at the World Series before, so how about trying to track some of those down?

OK, I appreciate the fact that the 21TOC and the Alpine Owners Club have been invited in the past, and have not been interested. But how about trying to talk to the 'top brass' and trying to maybe organise it as a joint annual event with them, and not just an RTOC day that they've been invited to? Who knows, it might even help to shake the 'boy racer' image of the gtt, and this club, and get some more members, bringing in some different cars.
    Well couldnt any more to what bill has just said, get some alpines on show like at wsr there was loads of alpines ,spiders,renault 8s gordinis, and even better turbo 2s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    I tried 21toc and RAOC again this year and got one taker apart from MartinF who is a member here also .....
    TBA they don't like to step outside their clique ....
    Yep, I appreciate that, and well done for trying

That's why I mentioned about maybe trying to market it as a joint annual event with other smaller clubs. Who knows, they might see it a involving them a bit more, and not just that they're 'tagging on'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    .....and i thought he was a plonker
    I am

Post Thanks / Like

any old skool renault club, the serious clio boys are all here so no need to invite clio sport over. i also would like to know that if a friend wanted to join in that it would be fine (space permitting) but without pimping out loads of tickets or people like steve only joining to take advantage of our club funded events as its pissing myself and many others off.
    i would also like to see our own members pull their fingers out of their arses and come along and appreciate what the club has put on for them rather than make pony excuses and watch our events get taken over.

one more thing, why dont we try to get the other half of our club to come along by offering them somthing of their interest rather than give it away to other clubs.
    Last edited by car.crash; 23-08-2010 at 20:22.

Post Thanks / Like

You could try cliotrophy.co.uk

Steve as an ex trophy owner will back me up, that even though it's a smallish club theres some decent lads on there and it's nothing like cliosport. Also it'll make it alot harder to pick me out when pointing the bad driving finger around LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I am

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

You could try cliotrophy.co.uk

Steve as an ex trophy owner will back me up, that even though it's a smallish club theres some decent lads on there and it's nothing like cliosport. Also it'll make it alot harder to pick me out when pointing the bad driving finger around LOL
    Well Hoolio & Streetfighter are already on here as they have 5 turbos as well.
    It's a small world you know.
    Not that many trackday regulars when you break it down

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Edit .

I spoke to the 'top brass' of both clubs .It's not them it's the members .Or it could just be my manner Perhaps we need to set Big S on them as he is now the events dude

Maybe if Steve could talk to the Steven Dell/Whoever's in charge of the 21TOC the days, etc etc (basically, the head of their 'cliques' - no offence to you Lee), and get them to sell it to their members, instead of someone from this club posting an invite on their forums, it could be a bit more successful.

This could be the chance that the smaller clubs have been looking for. As has been said before, we're in a lucky position where we can have a National Day - The smaller clubs aren't. Now if it gets pushed as an event for all of the small clubs, and a wide variety of classic Renaults, they might see at as a better event, and not just a gathering of 'kids in gt turbos'.

Maybe.....

Post Thanks / Like

Yes
    A more official approach, months ahead and involve them in the overall planning

Post Thanks / Like

+1

Post Thanks / Like

That's a fantastical idea Billy So more of a classic Renault day?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D4WNO View Post
    So more of a classic Renault day?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes
    A more official approach, months ahead and involve them in the overall planning
    That's the word, official. I think my blonde hair grew back for a moment

That's a fantastical idea Billy So more of a classic Renault day?
    Yep, why not? There's no such event running at the moment (that I know of). I'm sure there's a lot of classic Renault owners that would want one (the cars registering for the RWS collectors area proves that). Plus it'll help shift the gtt into the classic status in Renault circles, and a bit further away from the boy racer badge.

OK, you could argue that it marketing it as such an event strays away from 'our' National Day a bit, but it could help put this club firmly on the map, and attract a bit of variety.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, you could argue that it marketing it as such an event strays away from 'our' National Day a bit, but it could help put this club firmly on the map, and attract a bit of variety.

it has already, trick is spinning it for make the track event breakeven for the benifit of our members with renaults in there blood.. this might be worth the effort..

Post Thanks / Like

cool classic renault trackday...i got my ride already....

1 its a renault
    2 its a classic
    3 not gonna be able to overtake on the wrong side
    4 i can use it as an ice breaker to go talk to members who....dont wanna talk

winner all set....mmm may have to think about number 3 looking at the pace of some of u lot on track this year

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jaffa; 23-08-2010 at 21:21.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wind me up & point me in the right direction guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Cliosport.net

Admin team, Nik, Tom, Revels & Brian to mention a few.
    Please no!!!! If it's not at a retail park none of them will come anyway

Post Thanks / Like

How about looking closer to home first? How do we get our own memebers to turn out or are there really not that many of us anymore? Pod always felt busy (not my thing though) and even plenty used to turn up to WSR.

Post Thanks / Like

xenon and i think pascal-gt mentioned he was in a club in France , it would be nice to see what the Frenchies are up to , i cant remember the club off the top of my head

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Streetfighter View Post
    How about looking closer to home first? How do we get our own memebers to turn out or are there really not that many of us anymore? Pod always felt busy (not my thing though) and even plenty used to turn up to WSR.
    i think we've learn't that our members alone can't fill a track event and pull back the costs from setting it all up.. rather than go down the same route and invite other clubs late on.. if we get the ball rolling from day one inviting everyone from day 1 hopefully they will all get on board..

plugging it as an all round Renault event off some sort will give it some direction that should tempt the others into the mix..

the day will only be what we make it so getting everyone onboards a must

Dan Y there was so much buzz about the weekend events of the past perhaps due to higher numbers off gtt left on the road, members or not, we managed to temp them boys over from france a few times.. creating this would be awesome, people dragging there renaults over pond to come see us sorry bunch, im getting a semi..

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter who you invite, not everyone in a club wants to do what everyone else wants to do. I'm not in to drag racing, plenty are though.
    I think the track was busy enough at Mallory, from a drivers point of view it was perfect! Unfortunately it felt like there wasn't really anything else to do.
    Weather spoilt showing cars, but that could happen no matter who comes.
    Even if the track day had been £80 for members, for an open pit, full day it's still half price!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaffa View Post
    cool classic renault trackday...i got my ride already....

1 its a renault
    2 its a classic
    3 no gonna be able to overtake on the wrong side
    4 i can use it as an ice breaker to go talk to members who....dont wanna talk

winner all set....mmm may have to think about number 3 looking at the pace of some of u lot on track this year

trust you!

you could tow a trailer round at the same time and collect anything that burns for the campfire! just not nissans!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

erm... you wont like most of the above clubs mentioned,you will always have a large portion of members who are only interested in large shows and cruises ,sorry if that sounds harsh but its true i think its a great idea trying to contact older renault clubs , but do we still have the boy racer stigma attached??and how many can u see of the older clubs risking there 25 yr old and older french gems around a track with r5's and the like, i know if i had a turbo 2,renault 8 ...etc ,no chance!!! but hey would be great to see ,dont think im being neagative, im not just realistic, ithink there is more chance with the various clio and megan boys/girls than the older clubs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HAndy View Post
    erm... you wont like most of the above clubs mentioned,you will always have a large portion of members who are only interested in large shows and cruises ,sorry if that sounds harsh but its true i think its a great idea trying to contact older renault clubs , but do we still have the boy racer stigma attached??and how many can u see of the older clubs risking there 25 yr old and older french gems around a track with r5's and the like, i know if i had a turbo 2,renault 8 ...etc ,no chance!!! but hey would be great to see ,dont think im being neagative, im not just realistic, ithink there is more chance with the various clio and megan boys/girls than the older clubs
    No negativity, it's true!
    I would love to see some real classic Renaults in another area on the day. If you ask in the right way how could they say no? That way if you're not on track/strip you can ogle at some classic cars and chat to the owners. I feel a bit like there's nothing to occupy you if you just want to come in your car to support the club and you're not bothered about watching people on track/strip.

Post Thanks / Like

if u can decide on wtf is happening quick time then if required we can do some canvassing at the rws especially when the wines flowing.........alpine owners,21owners,gordini,clio,and renault sport owners all there under one roof..... i bet they would love to have an hour or so track time with just other historic renaults.

Post Thanks / Like

but do we still have the boy racer stigma attached??
    I'm sure we do to an extent. That's why I suggested involving all the Classic Renault clubs, and having it a day for them all. As I said, they might be more likely to attend if they feel as though it's an event for them, and not just an invite to tag onto a 'gtt day'. Then who knows, they might turn up, see how the gtt scene has changed in the last few years, and think that maybe we're not that bad bunch of chavvy boy racers that they thought.....

and how many can u see of the older clubs risking there 25 yr old and older french gems around a track with r5's and the like,
    Fair point indeed, but it doesn't have to be a track day. If it were though, then there needs to be enough off-track activities to get people interested, and excited. Or maybe not, maybe people just want to stand around chatting, and eyeing up each others cars (a la the DeLorean owners, that don't move more than 5 metres from their cars ).

Post Thanks / Like

wsr Jaffa ,wsr ...the devil is in the detail with these sort of diplomatic activities ....

Post Thanks / Like

wsr Jaffa ,wsr ...the devil is in the detail with these sort of diplomatic activities ....
    some people like the up front approach,some would respond to just havin the seed of the idea planted...but hey its there....anyway it wouldnt be my job....................

thats why i vote for steve to do it and u....

Post Thanks / Like

I was actually about to suggest the same thing Jaff, so obviously I agree with your thinking

Why not? Let's introduce ourselves, show them we're a great friendly bunch of people and happen to mention about our events next year. We can register on some of the sites, build up a longer term relationship and it's win win for everyone.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair point indeed, but it doesn't have to be a track day. If it were though, then there needs to be enough off-track activities to get people interested, and excited. Or maybe not, maybe people just want to stand around chatting, and eyeing up each others cars (a la the DeLorean owners, that don't move more than 5 metres from their cars ).[/QUOTE]

how would we fund theses of track activites ,and more important will there be enough to interest such a broad spectrum of people at such an event...

lets have some ideas...
    how about a rally around the intented area, older car clubs thrive on these a great way for people to mingle ... more ideas welcome

Non-member old skool turbo power's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

21TOC
    R5gordini.co.uk
    Alpine Owners Club

that would be a realy good day out.
    but that would only cause im more into the older renaults more than the new versions if ill be honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Id like to see many of the above clubs, however limit the ticket quantitys, maybe 3-5 per a club, if more want to come to spectate then i cant really see that being a problem, the more the merrier isnt it ?

Post Thanks / Like

I was actually about to suggest the same thing Jaff, so obviously I agree with your thinking

Why not? Let's introduce ourselves, show them we're a great friendly bunch of people and happen to mention about our events next year. We can register on some of the sites, build up a longer term relationship and it's win win for everyone.
    nothing like building a good foundation D,and what a fantastic oppo to do so and create the right image.....

1,we are all dressed to impress,so more likely to be taken seriously.
    2,we are attending THERE event in force again,in fact more rtoc there last year than raoc.
    3,we have some seriously good quality cars on show
    4,we dont ask for seconds,only have 1 bottle of free wine on the table send the other back with a thankyou note,and drink orangina the rest of the night and in bed for 9pm.........................................SOLD.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    Id like to see many of the above clubs, however limit the ticket quantitys, maybe 3-5 per a club, if more want to come to spectate then i cant really see that being a problem, the more the merrier isnt it ?
    wow thats real generous !!! we might even make the feel out numbered at the same time!!! if were going to do it lets at least hand out 10- 20 a club, it wont matter, were still gonna rinse 'em on the track!!! rtoc ftw

Post Thanks / Like

I could speak to a few members from V6.net