Post Thanks / Like

Innovate LM-1 Datalog download

I'm trying to download a recent datalog with the latest version of LogWorks and everything seems to connect up well enough and when I select the 'download LM-1 file' a small window comes up and seems to download the file.

The problem I have is that I cant find out where it's been saved or what it's called? What am I doing wrong? Do I need to set up a save location somewhere?

If I've got the laptop hooked up I can do a realtime log and view with no problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Innovate LM-1 Datalog download

i think you go to logworks 3 click on flie then open log.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allanr5gtt View Post
    i think you go to logworks 3 click on flie then open log.
    I tried that but there's nothing in there other than the samples and the one realtime log I recorded?

Post Thanks / Like

I think LogWorks pulls it in as a *.log file, or if you used the LM-1 manager it saves it as a *.dif file (which will go straight into Excel), and if you search on those extensions you should hopefully find it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I'll check it out later and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried searching for .log and .dif files and found loads of .log but none were my datalog? I didn't find any .dif files at all?

I can't seem to be able to register on the Innovate forum but have sent an email to their tech support. I also viewed a few of their video demos and it would appear that I don't have all the drop down headings in LogWorks3?

Post Thanks / Like

I've had some communication with both Innovate and DIY Autotune (the company I bought from), and it would seem something isn't quite right. They are looking into it now to try and get it sorted. My fear is that I might have to send mu LM-1 to the States for repair?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, what firmware do you have in your LM-1, and what version of LogWorks do you have? Do have you got copy of the old simple LM-1 Manager program? If so, try that and just hook up again and re-download. I had something similar years ago, and there was a LM-1 reset proceedure, and I was hunting for the email I had from them at the time. I'll keep looking and if I find it I will send over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MFaulks View Post
    Hi, what firmware do you have in your LM-1, and what version of LogWorks do you have? Do have you got copy of the old simple LM-1 Manager program? If so, try that and just hook up again and re-download. I had something similar years ago, and there was a LM-1 reset proceedure, and I was hunting for the email I had from them at the time. I'll keep looking and if I find it I will send over.
    Martin, I hadn't done an update for ages (well over a year, maybe two) so, I loaded up the latest firmware from the Innovate website (2008 I think?) but, no change? I haven't got the old LM-1 Manager, I've got v3.57 (latest) and LogWorks3. The last time I successfully downloaded a datalog I was running LogWorks2.

I've probably got the original software CD knocking around somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like bad news, Felipe Saez from Innovate wants me to send back my LM-1 so they can take a look . I was afraid this would happen.

Hopefully this will get all sorted as I'll be needing my LM-1 for EFI tuning in the not too distant future...............

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Warren,

I found the email, it was from Felipe back in 2005, and was to erase corrupt logs, may be worth trying before you send it back?

LM-1 in normal operating mode - 12V connected, sensor connected, no errors. Press and hold the record button until RS flashes on the screen. This should have erased any corrupt logs.

Worth a try?

Cheers,
    Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MFaulks View Post
    Hi Warren,

I found the email, it was from Felipe back in 2005, and was to erase corrupt logs, may be worth trying before you send it back?

LM-1 in normal operating mode - 12V connected, sensor connected, no errors. Press and hold the record button until RS flashes on the screen. This should have erased any corrupt logs.

Worth a try?

Cheers,
    Martin
    Hi Martin, I've already had pretty much that exact email from Felipe but, still no joy.

I'm going to uninstall the latest version of LogWorks and try the software that came on the CD with the kit. If that doesn't work it's packing time!

Thanks all the same.