Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: National Day 2011 Discussion - What do members Want?

The problem this year was the weather , not a sudden lack of track manners .Last couple of years we had more or less the same number and model variation and the day went fine .
    You can't expect more than a traffic jam in the last hour if it's been pissing down all day .
    All in all I would say we need a bit more help to organise the day from area reps/willing members ( or even JRP ) and be strict with some of the procedures .
    Renault only ? well that's up to the members to step up and buy the tickets .

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt be allowed to help, think i have come to terms with that now

Post Thanks / Like

What sort of price would tickets be if say only 100 track slots were available?

As I'd happily pay more for mine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    I wouldnt be allowed to help, think i have come to terms with that now
    You could do the gate ? 12am till 6 suit ?

The more hands the better .If we want everybody parked up in order and so on . WSR next weekend so you can see what is required
    Watch out for a mad curly haired cock bossing you about into lines

100 track slots would be about £80 each

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    You could do the gate ? 12am till 6 suit ?

The more hands the better .If we want everybody parked up in order and so on . WSR next weekend so you can see what is required

Grave yard shift

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Watch out for a mad curly haired cock....
    Aren't they all like that?

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering is there a way of getting some photos on the day of all the Renault Turbos at the event lined up on the starting grid or doing a few laps? Would make for some very memorable photos for the members as well as PR shots for the club. Also might make some member want to bring there Renault turbo who are not track day nutters.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

thats your job Lee if you want to earn your lunch...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eastlmark View Post

thats your job Lee if you want to earn your lunch...

Not sure if I can make it ....Dawn is away that weekend and I don't really fancy being in charge of my 3 + all this lot

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

You didn't sell them all at half that
    I'd pay more myself, but would the 'other' members

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    so they are not compeating with areial atoms and m3's and mx5's at our national day..
    I think this was answered before.
    Looking at the list of cars on photo thread over 50% were not 5 turbos.

Quote Originally Posted by eastlmark View Post

Session, yes but one hour no.
    No one should track a car for one hour. 20 / 30 minutes max.
    1 hr sessions i would like to see.
    As it would take more organising & a lot more resources.

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    Sessions! Jrp you have gotta stop putting tramadol in your crack pipe.
    +1

Post Thanks / Like

I'll just keep my mouth shut..

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been reading all the comments regarding the ND. It seems to me that as already been stated, that if you don’t want non members there, then the members need to buy up the tickets. It has been said that the club is non profit making, implying that the club should make a lost to keep non members away. But the club needs to make some profit in order to stay in the black. Small losses can be made, but they tend to mount up and then become unacceptable. I assume that rtoc does not have an overdraft facility, so the first thing that would happen if the club was in the red is that the committee members would be responsable for the loss. I’m sure we would not want that.
    Saying that the ND would be a failure if it made a loss is not really correct, surely it is a failure because only 10% of the members turn up and even less to the AGM! So it seems that the ND should not be at Mallory or at the Pod if the majority of members are not interested in these events. Maybe the ND should be a different event altogether. An event that all members and their families can attend and get to know each other. What about hiring a field for a camping weekend. A marquee, barbecue, a band for Saturday night and the AGM on Sunday morn? What about joining a two day retro or classic car show somewhere in the midlands? I notice day that Dave sbs is more or less asking the same question.
    This year was my third ND but it was the first that any RTOC members, apart from the ones I already know, have bothered to speak to me. We can’t complain that the MX5 bunch didn’t have anything to do with or speak to us when it seems that because some of the club members resent their presence they were made to feel unwelcome. All the non-members paid for their day and were entitled to be there whether we like it or not. Also to point the finger at the non-members there for the theft of Nicks head unit just because you are upset that they attended our ND is outrageous. It could just have easily been any one of the hundreds of bikers or even, heaven forbid one of our own members. The point is that on one knows who stole it. I think Kenobi that you need to put your brain in gear before you open your mouth.

And lastly I would like to comment on the state that Mallory is left in by us. The Gents toilet was strewn with paper towels because it seems you cannot be bothered to put them in the bin on the way out. Despite Miller practically putting the bin in the way! One of our congregation was so full of **** that he even managed to miss the bowl! But instead of clearing up their own ****, left it for the Mallory staff. I’ll wager you don’t do that at home. I’m sure the girls didn’t leave the same mess. Some members did clear up their part of the camping field, good for you chaps. To those of you that didn’t…..Shame on you.

Post Thanks / Like

This has got to be the biggest lot of p i s h i have read in a long time ! Same auld pish Same AULD people flapping their lips like fannies ..Keyboard warriors @ their usual dribbel & yes i'm @ every national day.......

Oh & it'll be something else next year to moan about! ! RTOC = Never Happy FOR SOME .

& Because some one has been a member on here for years does not give them the right to be billy big baws ....I hate this this is what puts people off this club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barr's Irn-Bru View Post
    This has got to be the biggest lot of p i s h i have read in a long time ! Same auld pish Same AULD people flapping their lips like fannies ..Keyboard warriors @ their usual dribbel & yes i'm @ every national day.......

Oh & it'll be something else next year to moan about! ! RTOC = Never Happy FOR SOME .

& Because some one has been a member on here for years does not give them the right to be billy big baws ....I hate this this is what puts people off this club

The only let down on the day was the weather IF I'm Honest ...Camping was interesting .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big t View Post
    Maybe the ND should be a different event altogether. An event that all members and their families can attend and get to know each other. What about hiring a field for a camping weekend. A marquee, barbecue, a band for Saturday night and the AGM on Sunday morn?
    Gets my vote. Variety is the spice of life & all that.

Don't get me wrong, I love trackdays with a passion, but even I'll admit that too much of one thing can start getting tedious (cue how ND @ Pod went, cue how ND @ Mallory is maybe now starting to go).

As akin to what 'Big T' mentioned, what about sniffing out a location across the channel, inviting our French/European chums along, and just have a weekend all relaxing/drinking/having a laugh together. Would be an awesome convoy there & back as a bonus too. Good times

If you book this far in advance, you'd probably be able to get return NorfolkLine crossings for ~£30; probably less with a block-booking. I'm sure the French guys could come up with some viable locations, even if it's a field in the middle of nowhere!

I'm sure there'll still be enough trackdays/Pod days next year to keep the troops happy in that respect.

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds great, but I can't imagine many people would be able to make the trip over to France. I myself for example can't even find the time (sadly) to make ND's in this country anymore.....

Post Thanks / Like

i couldnt attend 2010s ND and i was extremely upset by it, as i had been looking forward to it all year and even changed the cars appearence just for the photo opp!

i would like another shot at mallory but this time in the Trophy for 2011.

as for non members and non renaults, if they contribute to the club being able to host the ND then i ay let it be.
    yes it can be annoying
    but if we cant get a full house from RTOCers then maybe we should invite the other renault clubs first and only open it for ticket sales a week before the event.

mallory is a perfect track, small, fast, few twists, camping venue, **** food, great staff and prossies available in the local tavern!