Post Thanks / Like

afr meters

can anyone tell me whats the best sort of afr meter to get and wheres the best place to get one thanks

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: afr meters

what sort do you need and why? if you want one fitted all the time theres a few about, if you need one to set up your car theres one in my garage..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    what sort do you need and why? if you want one fitted all the time theres a few about, if you need one to set up your car theres one in my garage..
    was gonna have one fitted as last time my m8 fixed my car i popped the head gasket within 10 miles as i was having carb trouble

Post Thanks / Like

ive just bought a aem uego wide band arf sensor for mine (£168 delivered on ebay from 3000performance). fitted the wideband lambda sensor into the downpipe today but yet to wire it all up

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wizza73 View Post
    was gonna have one fitted as last time my m8 fixed my car i popped the head gasket within 10 miles as i was having carb trouble

on boost or normal driving? you need one so see whats going on for sure, have you got a lambda bung in ya pipe?

avoid the innovate lc1 or whatever, sure 10 people out there have a good one but 100 others had trouble.. lm1s are good but not great slapped on the dash 24/7, i have the lm2 and a window holder so thats all good for me..

Post Thanks / Like

popped on boost between 2nd and 3rd gear change have got big jim downpipe to go on, car in my m8s workshop having goodies fitted then its going to be tuned was wondering whether it was worth buying one so i know whats going on in future

Post Thanks / Like

ok thanks m8 will have a look on ebay and see whats about

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_b View Post
    ive just bought a aem uego wide band arf sensor for mine (£168 delivered on ebay from 3000performance). fitted the wideband lambda sensor into the downpipe today but yet to wire it all up

thanks for the info

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

scoff on here sells some nice gear https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=11406

you get what you pay for.. having ones always a good idea, you never know when things might be going wrong till its too late without one..

what ever you do start from scratch, low boost standard fueling and work your way up.. the whole head gasket popping is a thing of the past, not many go wrong now without a good reason

Post Thanks / Like

ok will have a shop around and see whats available thanks for your help

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_b View Post
    You should have checked the group buy, or contacts section of this website