Post Thanks / Like

Radiator Fan Recommendation?

Can anyone recomed one of this thin radiator fans to fit a clio 172 Rad? Anyone know what size the clio 172 Rad is?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Radiator Fan Recommendation?

bueler, bueler

Post Thanks / Like

Might sound like im being a dick, i dont mean it to come across like that.

Measure the free area of rad that a fan could sit, then look up spal fans think thats how you spell it, and get one as close to as you can. they are very powerful etc
    Last edited by JRP; 03-08-2010 at 22:55.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers chaps. Ebay special i think. Anyone know what the CFM rating is of the 172 fan?

Post Thanks / Like

why are you looking for something new? Should I be worried about the GTT fan I'm using on my 172 rad?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cooke View Post
    why are you looking for something new? Should I be worried about the GTT fan I'm using on my 172 rad?
    Andrew,

For me mainly to gain some space, bu in my experience on the F4RT, the gt fan doesnt seem to flow enough to bring the temp down quickly. I'll report on the differences when the new unit arrives.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MATT C Ringworm Tuning View Post
    Andrew,

For me mainly to gain some space, bu in my experience on the F4RT, the gt fan doesnt seem to flow enough to bring the temp down quickly. I'll report on the differences when the new unit arrives.
    Yeah, let me know as I don't have a temp gauge, just a light that comes on at something like 115C

I was thinking about trying to graft the 172 cowel onto the back of the rad, but maybe I won't bother.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cooke View Post
    Yeah, let me know as I don't have a temp gauge, just a light that comes on at something like 115C

I was thinking about trying to graft the 172 cowel onto the back of the rad, but maybe I won't bother.
    LOL, been there and done that with the cowel only to find no space for pipework runs. Even the 172 fan is quite thick.

Post Thanks / Like

the 172 is massive, it hits my gearbox

Post Thanks / Like

Andy is getting good at squeezing large objects into small almost inaccessible areas

I've got a Spal fan on mine now, standard Valeo radiator too. Plenty of clearance from the engine.

Andy, I've got my C1J water pump temp sensor welded into a pipe which is plumbed into the main rad, well, the upper most hose. Seems like the best place for it I guess. I'm thinking you could do the same with yours

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Andy, I've got my C1J water pump temp sensor welded into a pipe which is plumbed into the main rad, well, the upper most hose. Seems like the best place for it I guess. I'm thinking you could do the same with yours
    Is it better taking the temperature reading from the top hose then rather than at the pump itself?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiff_lee View Post
    Is it better taking the temperature reading from the top hose then rather than at the pump itself?
    I've only done it this way for now so I that I have some sort of an idea of the water temps actually are.

The accuracy of the temp reading from here is another matter but I wouldnt thinks it too far off

I would like to measure it from the water pump itself like the C1J but with the F4R water pump slightly tucked away and driven by a belt, installing a sensor in that tightish area may prove a ball ache I'm not willing to undertake.

I think its more of a case of having a dash guage of some meaning showing me a reading more than anything

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    I could use the 172 sensor in the thermostat housing, but I don't have any gauges in the car.