Post Thanks / Like

sorn?

dose anyone know if its poss to declare a car sorn if it is not on your drive and not on private land? my car cant be moved atm also has no insurance so cant be taxed. My car is in a tucked away road in a designated parking space but its not my space but there is no limits on parking times etc... The car is covered up so the tax cant be easily seen should i just keep quiet? what you lot reckon?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: sorn?

up to you isnt it,maybe you could gamble it until its sorted,would not leave it to long though,at worst your get a £60 fine,an you can sorn a car no matter where its parked(ideally not on the highway!!) thats totally up to you an your responsibility!

Post Thanks / Like

i dont want to take any kind of gamble really. I didnt think you could declare a car sorn if it isnt on private land or on you drive. in that case sorn it is.

Post Thanks / Like

there was a bloke who brought a cheap (£50) mk3 fiesta for his daughter to learn to drive in, needed work before it could go on the road so he parked it on a grass verge when he wasn't working on it. this was fine but traffic wardens saw the car and kept checking it, one day he didn't put it fully on the verge, one tyre was about and inch on the pavement, photo taken and fine issued. he went to court where they told him it was within the law to do what he was doing by keeping the car there, it was not on the public highway until the tyres were touching it. he refused to pay the fine and cut the car in half, the council turned up to take it and ended up leaving it and quashing the fine.

you could always buy a cheap trailer, put car on trailer and leave trailer where you want

Post Thanks / Like

lol thats ace. i have declared the car sorn now but if they have a problem with it il jack the rear up and put the whole car on axle stands see if that gets me out of the on the road problem.