East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Norfolk Bi Monthly Meet Sunday 19th December

Now I know its abit early to be thinking about christmas but I wanted this year to end with a bang, so the Norfolk divisions bi monthly meet for december will be a .................

LONDON TUNNEL RUN BABY

I've been looking into what routes others have taken and this one keeps popping up

From Arena Essex, Thurrock along the A13 to the Blackwall tunnel.
    Southbound through Blackwall tunnel to pick up the A2, going along Shooters Hill and then Queens Road and the Old Kent Road.
    From there they headed to Tooley Street (A200), via Bermondsey St, then turned down Weston St and looped back up to Tooley St via Stainer St. (3 nice tunnels under the railways lines)
    Head over London Bridge and drop down onto the Embankment, going through the Blackfriers underpass, and head up to Westminster for a view of Big Ben.
    The route then takes you southside of the Thames to regroup by the London Eye.
    Heading back to the northside of the Thames via Waterloo Bridge and dive down into the Kingsway Underpass.
    The planned route brings you back over the Thames via Tower Bridge, and heads for the Rotherhythe tunnel.
    From here the route loops back round to go through the Limehouse link and take the exit up to Westferry Circus to regroup again.
    The final leg from there was back out southbound through the Rotherhythe tunnel, and ended at Peninsular Park Road, Charlton.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Norfolk Bi Monthly Meet Sunday 19th December

When i went to visit my misses in rotherhithe a few months back before she moved, i saw a convoy of accord type r's doing a similar thing, i couldnt help but grin like a little boy as they kept interchanging positions and making noise

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol sounds like a plan! went through some old car mags other day and fast car did a little book with route of tunnel run in, thought it would be rude not to!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

count me in as long as theres no ice or salt the beast will sound great

Post Thanks / Like

i'm out. it's the wifes birthday and i doubt she'll want to spend it waiting for recovery trucks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT Tricky Nicky View Post
    i'm out. it's the wifes birthday and i doubt she'll want to spend it waiting for recovery trucks
    lol you make it sound like R5's are unreliable

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Oli can't make that one - family stuff going on that weekend. sounds like a good one and all.

This sounds like a really good opportunity to meet up with the London massive!

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Think this one is going to be re-scheduled soon as December aint best month to do it, looking at Oct/Nov I believe...

Post Thanks / Like

Right this is now taking place on the 27 novemeber and the october meet is cancelled, Ill take a drive down to london during october to scout out the route and work out timesand where the gatsos and traffic cams are............. not that we'll speeding or misbehaving in anyway