Post Thanks / Like

Rip Off Renault!!!

Why do renault do it!! Called to have my Laguna 2 diesel 2.0 DCI in for its first MOT and 2nd service. The price they came back with was.......................................wait for it £562.00!!!! The car has done 20, 000 miles. Where on that car is there £450 worth of parts and labour for a service!!!

Needs two front tyres too, £163.41 each plus fitting. So thats Nearly £900 BEFORE any other parts required found within the service.

Feck you Renault............................FECK YOU!!!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rip Off Renault!!!

Yeah, crazy parts prices. Got some Astom Martin bits cheaper than the equivilant Renault!
    Parts breakdown?

20,000 miles is a long interval too. There was a new Espace that had a totalled engine because of service intervals (as recommended by Renault) of 20,000 miles. Dont know the full story, but it was dealer maintained, it had 2 engines in it by the time it reached 50,000 miles - may have been less.

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam, if the Espace was a 2.2...... they used to spin the bearing shells on the crank, there was a solution for revised torque settings.

What was needed for the Laguna Matt?
    Matt@codered

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt5 View Post
    Sam, if the Espace was a 2.2...... they used to spin the bearing shells on the crank, there was a solution for revised torque settings.

What was needed for the Laguna Matt?
    Matt@codered
    I cant remember, Ill find out....
    This one was beyond solutions. Maybe for the next engine!
    The owner sold it to us because he wanted rid.
    Anybody want a LHD espace (newest shape) dirt cheap?

Post Thanks / Like

Can you PM the spec please Sam, I would drive/buy it

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry the thread is a bit Hijacked.
    Yeah it is the 2.2DCi.
    Big end failure
    I heard it was a problem with a batch of them.
    PM me if anyone is interested - (£900) Otherwise Ill put an advert together.

Spoke to guy with a megane r26r, and he said the prices of those bits are hicked up a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Maddest one I've been involved with was the opposite... buying. I used to work for Renault, and my boss had a company car which was the kinda rare Megane 2.0 Turbo (non-Renaultsport!)

With every possible extra chucked in it weighed in at around £22,500. However with discount it was bought for £15,500 (still with company money)

18 months later he went to trade it back in for a diesel Megane Renaultsport and the most he could get from any Renault garage was £3,750 totally shocking. Okay, it had done over 60k miles in that time but still... I feel sorry for anyone that's used their own money for something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Renault have always had issues with all their engines because of rediculous service intervals. It's not only them though, it's all car manufacturers. The 1.9dci and 2.2 were major issue cars back in the day, and still are. Now the 1.5 engine is taking their spot as biggest heap of ****.

They're so bad, with lack of oil changes, they not only block the oil feed pipes but create carbon deposits all around the engine, the worst being in the oil strainers/pick up pipe, so then the oil pump suffers.

Then you've got to consider a deisel car can actually run on its own engine oil, and once your turbo decides to let go your engine is at a high risk of running away with itself. Seen it so many times.

I always tell customers to get their oil changed half way between each service mark.

Post Thanks / Like

I drive a new fiat ducato van, its service interval is 28000 miles! Guess what on 25000 miles it shat its turbo, dropped all its oil and bearing failure ensued. Got it back with a supposedly "new engine" , 2000 miles later its gone back in due to eating oil

Non-member old skool turbo power's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Can you PM the spec please Sam, I would drive/buy it

this could be the one........
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaW_3...eature=related