Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody work for 02??

Basically my Nokia N86 has broken for the 2nd time in as many months with the same fault, I really dont want to send it of to 02 for 2 weeks to get repaired whilst I am lumbered with some sh*t nokia replacment phone (I aint paying £60 a month on my contract to have a £20 nokia!)

02 over the phone were being utter cocks, have been with them for years and have spent a shed load on bills, I dont want a Nokia 86 again as i no longer trust them....

I renewed my contract in Oct 09 & its an 18 month contract... so only half way through the contract, but I dont want to cancel my contract due to a fault with the product they have provided...

Basically I want to keep my contract but get a different phone - but a top end phone not a sh*t phone...

Any advise/help would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody work for 02??

alright mate,

i work for Orange, so i'm guessing the basic rues are the same.

The network provider only has to provide a replacement within the first 6 months in you owning the phone. this is what trading standards have set for providers. the warranty lies with the manufacturer after those six months. Nokia generally have a 24 months warranty with their handsets.

The phone is not part of your contract, but the sim card is: grants you access to the network and the number they have provided. The only way you can cancel the contract is if you can prove that you cant recieve signal in the places where you spend most of your time.

The best thing you can do, is see if nokia have a repair agent in your area, that way they will repair the phone and charge nokia, this way you should get it back within a few hours.

Like pretty much everything these days, you have to be willing for an attempt at repair. They will also only give you a replacement if the phone is repaired 4 times with the exact same fault.

your up sh*t creek on this one unfortunatly, and O2 are playing by the guidelines.

as a sales person i deter people from buying N series nokia's, they only cause headaches. have you tried a software upgrade off the nokia website??

Post Thanks / Like

I took my old Nokia into a repair centre. Go onto the Nokia website and they have a locator thing somewhere where you can enter your postcode.

I got it back within hours good as new.

Post Thanks / Like

I DO!!!

i go back in a couple weeks so i can look into it then if you want.

from memory when i worked there before i could of got it repaired from an agent straight away and even sent a replacement when they say they cant they can!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

£60 a month? I pay £9.78 and get 600 minutes, infinity texts and free calls to all numbers starting 01 and 02.

Post Thanks / Like

Penfold I know your pain mate! I am now on my 6th Blackberry 8900 and O2 still wont let me give the phone up! They would rather keep on replacing it!

I really had a problem with O2 when they said my last phone had been damaged by water! Its never near water or water particles but i couldnt prove so had to claim on the insurance AGAIN!!!!

I cant wait to leave O2 now!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T.K View Post
    £60 a month? I pay £9.78 and get 600 minutes, infinity texts and free calls to all numbers starting 01 and 02.
    I pay £15 for a sim only contract. Unlimited internet, texts, 300 minutes, unlimited 3 to 3 calls and you can cancel whenever you want. Then buy a sim only phone for £250 (i bought a second hand but as new jailbroken iPhone), so over 18 months will cost me £520. At £60 a month and a free phone for 18 months that will be £1080!

Expensive things are phones...

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TBH I really do start to wonder why I have bothered with a contract phone, was fine when I worked for myself, put the bill through the books etc, I know when this contract runs out I am going pay as you go & buy a decent phone!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

What the **** is the point in a 'decent phone' though? Mine rings and I (sometimes) answer. Just about every other feature can is a total waste of my life.