Post Thanks / Like

Renix / Fenix ecu help

Hi all, hoping someone on here may be able to help – Renix / Fenix series 3 ecu question, but assuming some of the parametric offsets / gains / min / max adjustments follow the same rules of adjustment as other Renix ecu’s of similar generation that others on here may have had experience.... well, here goes...

Background is I have grafted this darn ecu to a V6 for various reasons, and now giving me grief setting it up, bit of a QED really , but I’m here with it now for all the reasons of life and universe.. so hoping to get it sorted, and move on to a different planet. The problem is I can’t get it to run right on a 3bar MAP. I can adjust fuelling and ignition through the range, but it’s the initial ecu power up barometric offset calculation that is screwing me up. The output from the 3bar is too low for the normal expected range and dropping off the bottom of the map – well not really, but gives a picture of the net result, doesn’t run right, need to catch it quickly and just right to keep the engine crisp from start. Monitoring the reading from the X25 socket I can see it thinks the barometric pressure is way down which is no surprise.

What I would love to know, provided I know where the MAP parametric offsets are, does anybody know how they should be changed, or done this or exp. simialr in the past?

I hear flights to Zonk are quite cheap at the moment , but seriously any pointers or past exp. would be great!

Thanks,
    Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renix / Fenix ecu help

Cracked it ... after lots of sleepless nights staring at code... Renix 1 in bin, along with throttle switches, 2 bar MAP, and 9x11 tables. Now to a Renix / Fenix 3a ecu from Renault n/a motor bought for 10 squid from scrappies, now coded for 3bar MAP calibration, throttle pot, 9x13 tables... got it up and running on the car yesterday. Self help

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work rom emulator or trial and error ?

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

And X25, are we talking about X.25 packet ? I did a lot of work with that many years ago!! Pre-internet, when the world was black and white and we used command lines

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    And X25, are we talking about X.25 packet ? I did a lot of work with that many years ago!! Pre-internet, when the world was black and white and we used command lines
    Ha-ha+ no I'm not that clever! X25 - the Renault diagnosis socket, couple of chaps in France sell an emulator of the original reader, plug in adaptor lead, and serial into USB. Then read out the current operating conditions, and you can datalog on a laptop - really my only window into the Renix world.

I ran an emulator, spent ages running through a disassembly of the code(hit it with IDA), hard edited the bin with Ultra Edit, and upload - not what I would call real time but the Renix reads the rom into ram, and then you be blind... quite frankly I wouldn't do it again! I think you know the reasons this thing ended up this way... That's my years worth of brain teasers.. I was mentally scared by a SMPS I just couldn't repair, it wasn't going to happen again ha-ha+... 2 men, his dog, DSO, you name it, and the old guy from the office comes in snips some leads and the darn thing fires up....

Lesson - buy an Adapt and stuff it on, be happy and go home early!