Post Thanks / Like

Turbos

Come on chaps lets talk turbos, This will be the biggest outlay of money and I dont want to get it wrong. So many people with so many opinions making the decision even harder. What to go for? gt3582r, gt3586r, gt3788r or go with the usal ricer special the trusty t3/t67 or maybe something totaly diffrent? Lets here your suggestions. Has to have a t3 flange though
    Last edited by rs250nut; 04-06-2010 at 20:05.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turbos

No need for expensive rollerbearings, use a truck turbo

Post Thanks / Like

That was me by the way. Choose something with a half decently sized compressor wheel though, most things like the HX35 or HX40 come with anti surge housings too and twin scroll exhaust sides. However, there is a U.S company called Bullseye Performance that sell Garrett style exhaust housings with smaller a/r's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adam L View Post
    That was me by the way. Choose something with a half decently sized compressor wheel though, most things like the HX35 or HX40 come with anti surge housings too and twin scroll exhaust sides. However, there is a U.S company called Bullseye Performance that sell Garrett style exhaust housings with smaller a/r's.
    82mm plus I suppose, what are these going to be like at 30psi manifold? are compressor maps available? the only reason I keep thinking rollerbearing is lag, of two turbos with say 82mm wheels one journal bearing and the other rollerbearing what would be the diffrence in spool 500rpm, 1000rpm?

What about this puppy? http://www.bullseyepower.com/S300.asp s362
    Last edited by rs250nut; 04-06-2010 at 22:11.