adamwallace1989

Cooling Pipes

Please can some one help me with the plumbing in of my b18ft. the pipes i think im stuck withare are the short and long pipes of the turbo and the long one that runs round the front of the block from the pump

Pics please if possible

cheers

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cooling Pipes

cant find any pics atm, assumin your usin std volvo bits and the gtt header and gtt rad. on the back of the head there's a pipe with 3 outlets.
    largest goes to heater matrix lower port, back out of top into header tank nearest port, out of other side to metal pipe that runs round front of block.
    highest one goes to top port of header tank, self bleeding.
    bottom one goes to lower of turbo ports, out other side and back into metal pipe round block, i think there's 2 ports on it?

Post Thanks / Like

cappy picture

this is how have made it, works fine. engine is getting warm quick. but cools well

Post Thanks / Like

I would definatley do it the same way as haz explained if you are using the gtt header tank. I mocked it up the other day and it looks very tidy and logical. Can use a fair few of the gtt water pipes too.

adamwallace1989

Im actually using an rsi rad and header tank as thats what i have in the clio at the min. The pipe on the back of my block as only two ports and a little one on top with a bleed nipple on it. if any one is close to the warrington area would i be able to have a look at there setup one night as i want this engine in at the end of june.

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm close to ormskirk, waddie is in macclesfield. think we're the closest with conversions. wads is closest to how it is in the volvo, mine is very minimalistic with a different way of doin it, radiator and header tank in the boot lol.
    my suggestion is very similar to sieger drawing, bar the blocked port goes to the top pipe on the gtt expansion tank. so long as the water flows around it will work, i have seem from bac of block to tank with heater matrixc to tank too. it wont flow and will just boil up