Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any news from pod yet?

Nice to catch up with everyone! Top weekend, I was worn out by the end of it 4 hours sleep in 4 days just isn't healthy!

I managed a 13.4 @ 97mph at 20psi in the raider, I had to come completely off the gas about 5/6car lengths from the line.

I did run a 99.6 terminal but had problems with the flote/chamber emptying at the top of third/fourth.

Few tweeks to try and hopefully more boost should see that improve

Scoff your car is a monster!

Plenty of good times by other fives. who ever has the white five with the polished willy wheels, that looks .

Post Thanks / Like

another fantastic few days at pod a big thanks to stu and miller who organised it all...and good luck for any future events to big steve.....pod staff are top notch...the dodgems a winner....all our cars almost ok stus and robbos 5lag back on there t2 after a midnight change over in the hotel car park it had to happen...jonty put his new turbo off adam on in the campsite then did a few runs up the strip all good......ashys unfortunatly had to come home on the aa truck and will be home at approx 12 midnight tonight so a long day for him...and mine seems ok after 14 runs and a good caning on the motorway just a fuelling problem when flat shifting???? need to look at that but markey mark and brigsy had a similar fault??? temps maybe?? but yeah these events getting better every year well done RTOC

Post Thanks / Like

just spotted this too on youtube, craking vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQyUB...eature=related

love the commentary

Post Thanks / Like

Another awesome do at the pod good to see the regs & new faces.

Finally broke the van into the twelves with a 12.8@106. Done it on 2nd run then struggled to do a clean run again due to fuelling problems! Done a few 13.0 runs so its heading in the right direction

Awesome crack on the evening, some rtoc comedy gold moments Roll on the next one.

Got some good pics here will get them uploaded soon

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant

What an event - That must have been the best one I've been to in a long time. It was good to see so any old faces up there, and meet a few new people as well. That was my first time at 'pod in two years, and although I'm not a huge fan of drag racing, I've really missed the place/events there.

It was a bit strange at times. As cars drove past, a few of us were recognising the cars, but the owners have all changed. Several rounds of: 'Look, it's such and such's old car' rang out throughout the day. It's good to see them all still going though.

The campsite/beer antics were hilarious, with plenty of gold moments, and comments. The winner for me has to be Ricardo's 'Barry Sheen'. And I just have to say a few thank you's to: Steve and Onion, Sammy Tripod, Mart and Vinegar, Ray Banned, and of course, Billy Pallet

Fair play to the 'pod staff for opening up the dodgems - What a laugh that was.

Finally, congrats to Scoff as well. I never got a chance to speak to you during the day, but Holy crap, that thing is awesome! You're also a nutter. Firstly, you're driving a Renault 5 at over 140mph . Secondly, you're running a gtt from standstill to off the clock in less than 1/4 of a mile . And thirdly, you're doing it with 6psi of air in the front tyres

Lunatic

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    The campsite/beer antics were hilarious, with plenty of gold moments, and comments. The winner for me has to be Ricardo's 'Barry Sheen'. And I just have to say a few thank you's to: Steve and Onion, Sammy Tripod, Mart and Vinegar, Ray Banned, and of course, Billy Pallet
    Don't forget about Vod Col!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    Don't forget about Vod Col!

I knew there was one I forgot

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an awesome day out, sorry I couldn't make it this year like last but there's always next year see you all at national day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J8TRO View Post

Good Midlands turn out, well done LampsRS and Ian MM for 13 sec runs, my car ran a mid 14 but was holding back in 3rd boooooooo...........kris M and spooky I might have to take up some offers of carb help
    Dude...your carb spec isn't bad but it's not ideal...the main jet is too big for starters tho

Stick a 1.2mm main jet back in and look at the a/c and enrichment circuit for additional fuelling on boost and increased revs.

Has the a/c been adjusted?

Any enrichment circuit modifications?

You're more than welcome to wing it down to me for a day of tweeking and tuning...you won't see much change out of 20psi though

Post Thanks / Like

Wow cracking day as always thanks to the committee and all those that helped organise the day.

Great to see everyone old and new. and well done on some great times.

I did 15 runs before I popped the car. The best run was a 14.01@100mph So close to my taget of cracking a 13 with with all my interior still in place. But the best part was seeing my 60ft times come down from 2.7 at the start of the day to 2.1 with my normal road tyres still on. As said by a few other people said on the day I also had what felt like a cutting out issue when hooking 2nd&3rd so never got a clean run.

Car is almost back together one of the fire rings on the H/G looked like an egg.

Massive thanks to Robbie aka Turbo Ted for putting my car on his towing dolly and letting me drive his Stock 5 GTT home, Wow what a pleasure that car is too drive you forget how nice these cars are out of the box.

Till next time peoples

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    Didn't get back till 1am, sat on the M6 stuck in road works at brum!

10.37 @ 143.9 for the final run, really pleased with that. managed not to video it with the in-car and non of the normal crowd got a video either so if anyone captured it I'd be made up if you could send it over

Very well done fella awsome time!! Gutted I missed it, should be out soon though...

Post Thanks / Like

What an awesome weekend, a massive thank you for all those involved in setting up this amazing weekend, as long as you keep doing these I will be there every year. Bit gutted to not be racing but watching some of you lads running 10's has given me some motivation. The night time antics also made up for not racing, thanks for the guys who sold me 20 cans of stella at 12, me and a few others got through 68 cans in the end. And did I feel it in the morning, thaks to all those we camped with and a massive thank you for mike for bringing the bbq. Roll on next year with the renda

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Great day (and night) well done to all those pushing the limits!! 10 seconds is the new 12 seconds it seems!

Got home at 8:30 last night after a pre 11am start, 210miles, 3 aa men and 10 long hours on the road! Still its always worth it for the crack! See ya'll next year.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a great day, didnt know what to expect at first but it was quality, it was great to see how concenrned everyone was and came over to help when certain individuals put smoke bombs under my car so it looked like it was on fire.
    Thank god Krissy M didnt go wild with his extinguisher and spray my bay but thanks for the carb lesson and im with J8tro be good to come down and see how you use your LM1 so we can all do it our selves up in the West Midlands.

Bring on Mallory. and get to meet a few more faces i didnt get to speak too.

Mat

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome weekend, loved every min, got to meet a few new faces... big steve, turbo ted, ross, also my friends really enjoyed it , and there certainly was some very quick 5's.

Bring on nationals day i guess.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

im so sunburnt!! lol was a great day loads of nice cars and loads of good people to talk to can't wait to take my car out on track in augest

Post Thanks / Like

brilliant day, brilliant company, brilliant cars .
    im still brussed after the bummper car anticks. and i had a free go somhow i got an extra token. result
    i was nearly the last one in bed at somthing like 5:00am but turbo ted and his misses out done me.
    well done to everyone what a brilliant time i had .THANKS TO ALL.

Post Thanks / Like

rofl matt j8tro told me the plan before we left, i hope to god he listened to me and filmed it hahaha

i cant say how much i enjoyed the day , i was the one riding around on j8tros bmx (toilet taxi) for most of the day haha (genius jay) , also my mrs who has never been to a car show/meet/event before really enjoyed herself so thats another positive.

so hats off and thanks to the organisers for this also just want to say thanks to the midlands lot for a good turnout and great day, and a quick thanks to ryan/ianmm for sorting out my fan, roll on the next one

p.s love you nayj, can you cut my hair tomorrow night? thanks mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LampsR5 View Post
    p.s love you nayj, can you cut my hair tomorrow night? thanks mate.

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all. Had a really good time in the day , weather was corking and plenty of cars there etc, shame i wasnt in a 5, only in the clio but one is being made mint and the others arent even road legal..., to be honest the strip doesnt do that much for me, having said that , it is great to see others go at it hammer and tongs to beat their personal best times..., my main reason was to meet up with old and new friends alike, of which i did..., it was bloody mint seeing so many people and chatting when possible, damn i love this club, what a smashin group of people!!!!!..., sorry i didnt stay around and that i missed the evening antics but me uncle had his 60th today and it would of been curtains if i missed it..., well after a spirited journey home in convoy with mr bean and co , i was merely left with the memories of a great day and that vision of what i wont forget in a long time of scoff pulling a 10.3.., good goin mate...well done the organisers, job well done..jeebus.

Post Thanks / Like

What a weekend haven't had one like that in years.
    Got burnt to a crisp both days but not as bad as phill. Want to give the lads I was with a big thank you for making it worth while. Glad to see the new and the old members again

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back in myself, after an extended evening at Big Steves last night ...Was a superb day and night at Pod, the old ph1 never missed a beat on the strip, and still managed to blast home in the 30 degree heat from Steves today

Great to see the usual faces + meet some new ones.....Was a great moment driving Brigsy`s van with over 15 people crammed in the back + on the roof for a toilet run

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, the van was great, I couldn't stop laughing for a while. I didn't even know it was a toilet trip, I just saw everyone bundling in and thought I'll have some of that fun too

So many great moments, yet another RTOC success. Can't wait for Mallory now

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mega weekend, first time been up the strip, defo take raider back for another blat, cheers everyone and rtoc, word out

Post Thanks / Like

fantastic weekend out of this world well done to those who run there cars at pod cant wait for mallory hats off to all you party boys for making my evening one to remember

Post Thanks / Like

i had a wicked time, good to meet people, altho i have no idea what anyones names are again now, totally forgot!

laid a PB of 12.54@117mph in the clio as well, so more than happy with that and with some slicks i should be into the 11's next time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    i had a wicked time, good to meet people, altho i have no idea what anyones names are again now, totally forgot!

laid a PB of 12.54@117mph in the clio as well, so more than happy with that and with some slicks i should be into the 11's next time
    Dude, your car was doing so well...run after run, just kept going

Its weird how it doesnt sound turbo charged on full chat but goes like a stabbed rat

Post Thanks / Like

Good to meet ya coops. Good time that well done.

Post Thanks / Like

ah coops , so your the one rocking the funny hulk t--shirt on friday..

Im the dude who unfortunatly had to make the venture in th diesel orange n black pug.

Good to meet ya anyway and the clio looked sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

lol, cheers boys, yeah remarkably it behaved itself impeccably for once, my last trip to pod i stripped first gear on the first run of the day!!! lmao!

as said, room for improvement yet, if i can sort my 60ft to sub 2 secs i should see the business end of the 12's so thats something to aim for as the terminal speed is healthy enough

yeah, did you dig the irony of the hulk t-shirt on the skinniest guy there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    Im the dude who unfortunatly had to make the venture in th diesel orange n black pug.
    I did wonder who that belonged to

Post Thanks / Like

haha , indeed i did notice the irony of it :P, cool t-shirt though, somthing i would buy.

The dervs a great tug monster but god damn, that cheap ass satin black paint dont half heat up fast in the sun!!

Post Thanks / Like

would be worse,

could have spend 5k on a neon house of kolor paint job for it to fade in the sunlight

Didnt know it was you in the pug otherwise i'd have come over and said HAI =]

I didnt get back til 11pm on sat night mind after a detour to Liverpool to pick an exhaust up. another great day had by all it seems.

Cant wait for Mallory now, as long as i can get time off work

Post Thanks / Like

Slicks you say, drop me a PM, im selling the ones of the civic....

Post Thanks / Like

Had a Awesome day, Made me really pleased to be part of the RTOC.

Another massive well done to Scoff, you so have a 9 in the car Would be insane to be the first uk FWD in to the 9s.

A massive well done to my brother who drove his silver phase 1 to a 13.3@ 101.75 on a T2 with no nitrous. And only with 15psi of boost.

Big thanks to Glenn for the T40 torx, i put that back on your tool box as you were very busy. Also you made an 11 look so damm easy. Also hats off for going 123mph thats flying for a C1J.

Nice to see a campus run a 12.6 with marky mark at the wheel. You know the nitrous makes sense,

Post Thanks / Like

Sounded like a good weekend chaps. I really wanted to be there but work got in the way.

Congrats Scoff! 9's not so far off now. I'll make sure I'm there for your next competition runs Chris.

Billy, catch up next weekend pal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post

Nice to see a campus run a 12.6 with marky mark at the wheel. You know the nitrous makes sense,
    Don't worry mate i'm on the same wave length!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post

A massive well done to my brother who drove his silver phase 1 to a 13.3@ 101.75 on a T2 with no nitrous. And only with 15psi of boost.
    Tom, yours brothers car was awesome...he mustve done well over 50 runs and it showed no signs of giving up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    Don't worry mate i'm on the same wave length!
    Hmm, 11 second Campus anyone...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Hmm, 11 second Campus anyone...
    We'll see mate, got to gain the extra half second first.

She'll be having few tweeks done now engine is coming apart.

Post Thanks / Like

what a great day me and missus bean really enjoyed are selves big thanks to everyone putting the effort in to organising it nice to see some new faces and catch up with all the regulars some very fast cars there and seeing scoffs record shame we couldnt stay for the camping but plans were already made for the weekend nice pleasant drive back with jesus in tow will see you all again soon.

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

it's god awfull quality, but I uploaded a quick in-car vid of one of the 10.5 sec runs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A632N-0YMvk

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

That's just AWESOME Scoff!!

You make it look so simple and smooth!! Certainly doesn't look like you're doing 140mph odd as you cross the line!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    it's god awfull quality, but I uploaded a quick in-car vid of one of the 10.5 sec runs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A632N-0YMvk
    nice looking helmet. whos the ****er cutting across the strip