adamwallace1989

Wallace's Piston Abuser

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi all,
    I bouht this mk1 clio in october 2008 after my polo was written off. whilst i have owned this i have done several things to it as i got it completely standard.
    The mods so far are:-
    -Oz super T's refurbed in lancia grigio grey
    -Lowerd 60mm at front and lowered to suit at the back
    -Completely striped of sound deadening and all electric pack inside (put al interior back in because i prefer the comfort
    -Fixed rear windows
    -Removed 7L tank and replaced with 1.2 filler neck
    -Fully rewired (dont ask got bored one week)
    -r19 mpg gauge + fuel gauge

I now feel that the 1.8 8v engine that is in it has not got the bhp and torque that i want and i have always been a lover of BOOST, so i have decided to go ahead with the b18ft engine that i am currently working on.

Pics

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wallace's Piston Abuser

Thats a nice clean starting point, should shift fairly well when done.

Can I ask why you went for a B18ft engine instead of turboing the F7r?

adamwallace1989

Start of the engine

I picked this engine up from someone from clio16valver that was about to put it in his clio. I give £250 for the complete engine loom and ecus and a further £60 for an intercooler and pipework that he got of winston a week before.

adamwallace1989

The reason why i went for the volvo lump was because it is practically the same lump i have now and with it being the rsi i have all the engine mounts i need. With this being my first conversion i didnt want anything to tasking

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough and at that price you can't really complain, look forward to seeing it running

adamwallace1989

The only thing i can complain at so far is £57 for a couple of bolts from volvo for the inlet and exhaust manifold.

Just purchashed all head set waterpump cambelt kit in that, so should see some progress soon.

Thanks for the interest

adamwallace1989

Managed to get a bit of work done this week even though i did come accross a couple of problems. the engine is now fully timed up so now im just waiting on the oil feed for the turbo and the down pipe gasket.

the only real trouble im having with this is getting it plumbed in. i have 3 pipes that im unsure where the go. - The short one from the bottom of the turbo
    - The long one from the back of the turbo
    - The one that comes round the front of the block, which i think goes to the heater matrix

If some one could help me with the coolant run that would be perfect

Recieved my downpipe back today not tried it agaisnt the car but hopefully it will fit