Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Any ideas

where the injector restsors are in here ive run some tests and cant find any blown or open circuit ends be it very small kohms cheers

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any ideas

Am i right in thinking that you would have to un-solder the resistors (once you've found them) to check them properly as you will be checking the resistance through the rest of the circuit otherwise?*

*Beginners electrician Skills

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

i am an electrician lol not an electronics genius yes i guess you would have to unsolder the resistors to get a true reading but ive identified many of the resistors in the board by there stripes and my results are only a few kohms out so not to bad

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reevio View Post
    i am an electrician..
    oh

Post Thanks / Like

They are shunt resistors for the injectors?? Have you lost a injector output or looking to change the resistor pack to run bigger injectors?

If its a lost injector output then you looking for a driver chip normally mounted to a heat sink, the resistors protect these drivers.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

just fitted my bigger injectors which are low ohms instead of the standard high ohm ones and on one ecu there are running constant so i guess ive blown the resitors up ect so yes would like to replace so i can run my low ohms ones any advise would be great

Post Thanks / Like

You have blow the driver outputs i think due to the current loading of the low resistance injectors Scoff's you man i recon to repair or point you in the right direction.

The resistors you are ment to use with them injectors limits the current and protects the drivers. The word is Fail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac trasher - Nick View Post
    You have blow the driver outputs i think due to the current loading of the low resistance injectors Scoff's you man i recon to repair or point you in the right direction.

The resistors you are ment to use with them injectors limits the current and protects the drivers. The word is Fail
    I would say the gold looking component on top left is proberly the drivers.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

cheers for the reply mate

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

scoff's the chap for it but he's said it blows the outputs, not resistors. think its the two large ones, they capacitors? one has a green label in your pic, think there's just 2 firing 2 injectors each