Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

54 Laguna Dci

Picked up a 54 plate laguna dci estate today at a bargain price. Its got full leather, climate control,sat nav & electric everything! Its got 122k with full service history at renault. Im gonna service it tommorrow and stick a cambelt on it si i know its all ok. Just wondering if there were any prob i should be looking for on it? Ive read about turbo trouble but not sure if i should be worrying or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 54 Laguna Dci

1.9 or 2.2?

both suffer with turbo problems and egr problems

best to get the egr valve out and clean it each service

and when the turbo goes, you find it rev's its tits off and usually on the 1.9's throws a rod! unless you can stall it!!
    the 2.2's seem not to go too mad, but I've had one rev up, managed to stop it by clamping the intercooler pipe rather quickly!

apart from that

laguna's suffer with front and rear subframe bushes going, and they us'd to eat wishbones, but i think they managed to fix that

apart from that, they are a good car!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy View Post
    1.9 or 2.2?

both suffer with turbo problems and egr problems

best to get the egr valve out and clean it each service

and when the turbo goes, you find it rev's its tits off and usually on the 1.9's throws a rod! unless you can stall it!!
    the 2.2's seem not to go too mad, but I've had one rev up, managed to stop it by clamping the intercooler pipe rather quickly!

apart from that

laguna's suffer with front and rear subframe bushes going, and they us'd to eat wishbones, but i think they managed to fix that

apart from that, they are a good car!

Its a 1.9 mate, i read last night on the net about EGR probs, i serviced it today and im gonna chuck a timing belt on it tommorrow so think ill take the EGR off then and wash it out to be sure. Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Change the oil regually you should be ok, renault brand new turbos are very cheap now. if you have the large alloys bottom ball joints, track rod ends and steering rack ends suffer. try not to drop your key card either

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Walker View Post
    Change the oil regually you should be ok, renault brand new turbos are very cheap now. if you have the large alloys bottom ball joints, track rod ends and steering rack ends suffer. try not to drop your key card either
    Its running on 17s so ill check all the joints regular. The key card is the one bit of the car i dont like! would much rather have a simple key! are the 6 speed boxes known to be a problem? its just ive replaced a couple on traffics but wasnt sure if it was a common prob or not.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

My 54 Scenic 1.9dci had to have a new turbo only yesterday. Fault 'Check Injection' was comming up on the dash but other symptons were a slight whistle when spooling and a bit of oil consumption but not much. Cost was just shy of £1100 all in . Wouldnt mind so much but the Scenic has only done 64k compared to my 5 thats done 160k and still on it's original turbo, admitedly it has seen better days.

Post Thanks / Like

no, not common there usually pretty good. Agree on the cards, forever falling out of pockets and dislodging the lock unlock keys from the circuit boards, luckily the newer card you have are much more resiliant. On a positive note i couldn't recommend a safer car for the same money.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Also if your doing the cambelt it might be worth changing the water pump or at very least give it a check over to make sure its not on its last legs.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markg View Post
    Also if your doing the cambelt it might be worth changing the water pump or at very least give it a check over to make sure its not on its last legs.

I did the belt today and did check the pump, it seemed fine to me. I put new belt and tensioner on it so should be ok for a while now. Belt was very slack tho so was glad i did it. Piss easy job anyway! book said 3hrs but i was done and running again in an hour?? wish they were all like this.