Post Thanks / Like

paint , celulose , and questions

Ok basically my tungy J plate is fairly good , however there are a few dinks in the doors.

Possibly next year i plan to strip it down to a shell and give it a full respray whilst sorting out all of the small dints etc.

However, at some point its had a blow over using celulose paint, and as far as im aware if i was to spray 2k over this it would react, whats the best way of going about it?

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: paint , celulose , and questions

Halfords can sell you cellulose by the litre for 27quid for DIY use only, you only need a decent compressor, spray gun and resporator.

Job done

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    Ok basically my tungy J plate is fairly good , however there are a few dinks in the doors.

Possibly next year i plan to strip it down to a shell and give it a full respray whilst sorting out all of the small dints etc.

However, at some point its had a blow over using celulose paint, and as far as im aware if i was to spray 2k over this it would react, whats the best way of going about it?
    Sometimes it does not react, test it? failing that get your self some of this

http://www.paints4u.com/ProductDetai...?productID=291

Edit: Forget the celly its pony

Post Thanks / Like

wipe it off with some thinner,it will take the celulose off but not your 2k paint,then you know it wont react

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

just give it a good flat with 800's, if you use thinners it'll make a mess, upset any existing filler and still needs flatting off. celli is only thin so prep will be fast lol.
    use 2k, like mentioned just do a tester, as a hint don't put too much thinners in the first coat or two, thats what reacts it. then add more thinners up to the 50% as the coats go on you can always stop between basecoats and nib off any marks so long as its dried well