Post Thanks / Like

cam needed

i want to start striping then rebuilding the engine but no point changing the timing belt only to have to take it off to swap the cam. So if anyone has a b18e or b18ep cam or knows where i can get one please let me know. Also what car (model) do these cams come from just in case i have to gown a breakers.

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: cam needed

Quote Originally Posted by SCHWARTZ View Post
    i want to start striping then rebuilding the engine but no point changing the timing belt only to have to take it off to swap the cam. So if anyone has a b18e or b18ep cam or knows where i can get one please let me know. Also what car (model) do these cams come from just in case i have to gown a breakers.

Gary, just stick the engine in as for now with a new cambelt and whilst you are sourcing the above bits you could be driving around in your 1.7 turbo raidar
    if it ain't broke leave it

Post Thanks / Like

i might have to do that but if i can get one before i do the timing all well and good, would rather do it all whilst the engine is out of the car as il have more room to work in.

Post Thanks / Like

pm chris mate

aka haz

i know he had 1 for sale unsure if he has it still tho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SCHWARTZ View Post

I have been looking to, i believe they are out of the 1.7 n/a engines and the better of the two the b18e is up to a 1989 the later ones are the b18ep.

Don't quote me on this mind.

phil