Post Thanks / Like

Just got a taste of GTT driving again!

Car is still not registered yet but as part of the long and drawn out process, I had to drive an hour each way to the inspection centre. It's the first time since being in Oz that I've had the chance to open her up on the open road!

I must say I had a big grin from ear to ear and I may aswell been driving a Veyron by the amount of people staring at the little upside down skip!

The suspension still needs setting up as I don't have a camber gauge and have put the front at somewhere near parallel if not a bit of positive, so the car doesn't turn in to well at the moment!

A couple of other things that became apparent are the fact that I'm using untinted Campus window glass and the sun feel freakin hot! So, I'll need to get them tinted to cool the cabin a bit. The other thing was that there is a fairly loud resonating from the rear when I downshift and revs pass from 3500 to 2500? I'm guessing this is par for the course with a stripped out interior?

As soon as this registration malarky is sorted I'm going to go fora little more beans! Probably about 16psi and sort the carb to fuel right. Baby steps for now though.

So, in summary, Woo Hoo!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just got a taste of GTT driving again!

great feeling and just to pass comment my mum shes im driving around in an upside down skip.

Post Thanks / Like

glad to hear it!!just a feeling of hot sunshine would be welcome here though!!

Post Thanks / Like

Resonating could be exhaust on rear beam, perished exhaust mount rubbers, loose exhaust baffles, turbo heatshield or starter motor heatshield (if you still have them fitted that is).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Resonating could be exhaust on rear beam, perished exhaust mount rubbers, loose exhaust baffles, turbo heatshield or starter motor heatshield (if you still have them fitted that is).
    Trev, the exhaust is a new custom job with all new mounts and a few extra too, the turbo pipe is heat wrapped and the starter motor heat shield is in a box in the garage! The resonating doesn't sound like direct metal on metal, more just general shaking. I'm not too worried about it to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi mate. Hmmm, maybe the exhaust is a bit too well fitted and overly stiff? If it's coming from the rear there can't be that many things it could be, especially if it's revs related. Loose rear shock?

If you're not bothered that's great but after a while it might P1ss you off if it persists.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Hi mate. Hmmm, maybe the exhaust is a bit too well fitted and overly stiff? If it's coming from the rear there can't be that many things it could be, especially if it's revs related. Loose rear shock?

If you're not bothered that's great but after a while it might P1ss you off if it persists.
    I might try to record it next time I'm out on the road (which may be a while) and post it up. There are no obvious signs of contact anywhere along the exhaust run. I'll check the rear dampers but I'm 99% sure they are all tight.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I too have just done 30 miles in my toy! Not driven it since mot last year and that was only half a mile!! Felt awesome to drive it again properly after 4 years! Just had a problem when it came on boost, backfiring and hesitating. Disconnected vac pipe to dump valve and all sorted, the diaghpram has perished! Bring on the sunshine.

Post Thanks / Like

good to see you back on the road jay its ross andy p's mate used to have a tungy hows things?