Post Thanks / Like

General EFI Information

I thought I'd get the ball rolling on this one. I've got a Megasquirt V2.2 ECU running MS Extra (means it can control spark and fuel) and while I was building the ECU I found a heap of general EFI information on the Megasquirt website or links from it so, feel free to check it out yourselves:

http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html

This is one of the forums:

http://www.msefi.com/index.php

Hope this helps those wanting to read up a bit more before taking the plunge.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: General EFI Information

Here's an MS Extra site:

http://www.msextra.com/

Post Thanks / Like

How do u rate the ms stuff? It's really cheap, worth it for the diy'er?

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends what you are trying to achieve. I wanted to keep the cost down and learn about EFI and mappable ignition. I think that the features that can be added at very little cost make Megasquirt a cracking deal if you are willing to take the time to learn.

There are various versions available these days but, even the one i've got is very capable. Mine isn't fitted to the car yet so ultimately I can't give the final endorsement. There are a couple of others that have had one up and running who would be better qualified to tell you how they perform in the real world.

Warspeed, Miller and Emma B I think?

Post Thanks / Like

I have been running MS1 extra with a V3 board for two years and over 20,000 miles on Emma's car, the ecu cost me £240 and that does fuel and ignition. I would recommend it if you want to learn about efi, i have done all my own mapping and so far so good........its been a great experience. If i was to do it again i would go for MS2 Extra (i can upgrade for £100) or even microsquirt, it's almost the same as ms2 extra but without as much features and has no built in map sensor. ms3 is just about to come out also.

I must admit that i have had problems but most has been to do with mapping it for LPG and not having compensation tables for gas temp. I have this almost sorted i just need to set aside a weekend to remap it all.

Emma's car with her latest turbo made 186bhp and 160 lb.in of torque at just 15psi not bad for a c3j BBQ