Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: fuel pump for volvo conversion!

Im thinking of PMT for my conversion!! I was getting 15.1 AFR on full boost in the track clio running 15 psi with 249cc injectors, Now it has the standard clio 1.8 16v pump on it atm which i believe lives in the same place as a GTT on a earlier phase 1 clio,( I may be wrong) Now i also have the pump/sender unit out of the 1.8 phase 2 clio i destroyed at mallory which the pump lives in the sender in the tank! So i thought i would try and run them together and see what happens ???

Any thoughts people??

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: fuel pump for volvo conversion!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick k View Post
    Im thinking of PMT for my conversion!! I was getting 15.1 AFR on full boost in the track clio running 15 psi with 249cc injectors, Now it has the standard clio 1.8 16v pump on it atm which i believe lives in the same place as a GTT on a earlier phase 1 clio,( I may be wrong) Now i also have the pump/sender unit out of the 1.8 phase 2 clio i destroyed at mallory which the pump lives in the sender in the tank! So i thought i would try and run them together and see what happens ???

Any thoughts people??
    15.1 @ WOT is way to lean matey, you want to see 12.1 max really, Alot of the 1.7 turbo volvo conversion boys fit the mk1 golf gti pump which i think is ok for upto around 200bhp, you would be better of just buying a Bosch 044 and know you have the capability for decent fueling.

Doubt running the 2 pumps would make much difference as the 2nd pump is the same spec a the first now if your 2nd pump was a walbro or higher flow pump it will prob assist with getting fuel to the walbro acting as a lift pump to enable it to fuel for the WOT well mine did on the f7p turbo. Walbro was bad @ sucking but once the lift pump was fitted afr's @ WOT perfect