Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adey aka Ewok's R11T

LOL!

So I get a text Wednesday night, 'bottom end gone'...leading me to think Ade is pulling my master of ceremonies...an hour or so later, get off the phone, he's explained hes pretty much killed the engine...any chance we could get it out and my old spare in, come Thursday after work...as always, I said I was game ...

Get another phonecall, Ades got Friday off so no mad midnight PMT sesh was needed. After it was towed to mine from Glos...we got to pull the car apart a little...Ade said he thought the rad was to blame and it would seem he was on the money...the rad had split internally, mixing up the oil/water to a treacle like mess!!! It had worked its way ALL the way round the cooling system, the engine, a nightmare clean up job!

I spent a while cleaning what I could with fairy and hot water, worked well

SO...the car was at mine on Thursday...we got up Friday morning and pulled it apart and lifted the engine out...

Couldn't find any motor factor selling a valeo green box clutch locally so Ade brought a new Sachs clutch to mate up to his 9 slot flywheel...which he got off an engine he brought for peanuts...( shove yer 9 slot up yer rusty ring hole )...

Fitted that all up with some pearl engine mounts for a Ren 5 GTT...yes, the Ren 5 GTT shares the SAME engine mount RUBBERS as the R11T. The only difference we noticed between the 2 models was the mounting plates...the R11T plates are taller so they have to be used with the GTT rubbers

Refitted the engine, got the rad in etc and she fired up FIRST time...in reverse ...when we fitted the 'box, we did it with the engine sat on the crank pulley so on its side, apparently, reverse gear slid over and locked it into reverse...so when refitted, even though we thought we had neutral, we didn't...THANK YOU COLIN COOK for the Tech Support on the phone and Sparkie for ze flywheel advice

Got the car down, no major oil or water leaks...boost and oil hoses today were a bit loose/leaky...probably down to Ricardos limp wrist ...and it had a very sludgy header tank for obvious reasons, just need to clean it out with some washing powder now...

Adey got home safe n sound and as you may have heard or seen, got it to Llandow

Thanks to Riccy for popping down, other than the 'help' he gave us and the ear ache Mich gave him, I'd say we all had a good laugh

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adey aka Ewok's R11T

A top 48hrs Spookster and Adey, enjoyed every minute and was good to see it fire up 1st time The cold weather didn't dampen the SW spirits