Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The future of RTOC...SHAKE UP??

Its really good to see all the committee are fully taking on board what all members have said. A big thank you to all

edit: really like the new flyers and packs! Really good idea not to make the 5GTT the main picture that is seen, that should help intice other people over to the dark side

Post Thanks / Like

I've moved the discussion about parts to this new thread as it was getting quite big...

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=13653

Post Thanks / Like

Just for info, the newsletter is very nearly ready to go out (phew) so you should see it on the site in the next couple of days

Post Thanks / Like

Please check out the new Newsletters section

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=13856

Post Thanks / Like

too much to comment on! i seem to have missed this topic. i will reply with ideas and anwsers to comments and questions made in due course

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    speak for yourself dude, am staying in the inner circle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    I organised a couple of meets down at Southend seafront 1 summer and IIRC we had over 20 cars turn up. No harm in proposing an idea to get an idea if anyones interested.

I also like to think my biggest claim to fame is organising these puppies Caliper extenders to run 285mm discs on the R5GTT

I took it upon myself to get these made after running the idea through the forum. I also collected all the money then spent my own time packaging them and then sending them out to everyone

Oh, i'm not an Area Rep, just someone that can help out if i can with a big interest in the club.

i did it well b4 thee lad and with ap discs...and guess what the members didnt want em....lol....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
    Couldn't agree more

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    The problem is though Ian, is that to attact a 'new' fan-base for alternative models, you have to give those owners something that's worthwhile them joining here, and I don't just mean an exclusive yearly National Day.

The other problem as well is that no matter what way you cut it, this club will always be seen (in the majority) as a club for R5 GTT's, with a sprinkling of R9t's, R11t's, a few Clio's & the such like running c1j engines, a few other Renault turbo motors, and a few old skool members who are here just for the banter on the boards/to stay in touch with rtoc shananigans.

You only have to look at the 'Megane' section on here for proof of that; ie, even though there is a dedicated section for owners of those cars, that's pretty much it, hence why they're probably all on MeganeSport.net as well/instead, as that's more 'catered' towards their car.

My own personal feeling is that unless rtoc changes dramatically (and that's not me saying it has to, nor do I have any ideas on how to either), this will always remain a club for the aforementioned old skool Renault turbo motors, hence I can't see how the current membership numbers are going to increase in any significance, if at all.
    i dont think it needs more members or is going to get too many of them.

Just a steady return of old and some new members who like the style, and advise an nature of people on here.

It is a club owned by its members ? when the members die, the club dose, just like my local working mans club But i hope all the info will remain and beifit mainly/ only, old skool, renault turbo moter owner's like myself, This club had been and is directed at people who have said above cars.

It needs to be ran so its not about loss this or profit that, Just do what we can, were we can,whatever time we can.

Make the best of everything and by comeing together, Ideas and Plan for future is all good.

Committee Member James_Surridge G1 5 GTT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to recap, after reading the thread. I take it the club is still ticking over well and the shake up is a good idea, but never the less some ideas have been put into action.
    Last edited by James_Surridge G1 5 GTT; 07-04-2010 at 10:48.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just want to ask what happend with the old forum rtoc?Was there more project car topics?I was dreaming to be a rtoc member for some time,because i belive that are a lot of cars presented here.It a very nice site with a lot of nice people wishful to help with advice.So don't take me wrong im very happy to be a member just was expecting to see more cars presented

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andy_wpo View Post
    I just want to ask what happend with the old forum rtoc?Was there more project car topics?I was dreaming to be a rtoc member for some time,because i belive that are a lot of cars presented here.It a very nice site with a lot of nice people wishful to help with advice.So don't take me wrong im very happy to be a member just was expecting to see more cars presented
    The old website has long gone... thanks to the provider going bust and running off with the copy of RTOC, the new website is alot better in many area's... you just have to look to find members car's.

Post Thanks / Like

Mines in the project page mate have a ganders, come view it if your ever in the area..

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you look here and click on the underlined names on the left many of those link to the members profile where a presentation of their car may be.

https://www.rtoc.org/cgi-bin/leader_board.cgi

The old site didn't have a place where cars were 'presented' either. They were in the members profiles.

The old profile photos were lost by the old hosting company and then it was discovered that people who were thought to be backing them up had not done so.