Post Thanks / Like

Laptop..

Got my old laptop that died before chrimbo, it fell onto it's power supply & so snapped the female part in the rear of it..... Thing is it's got all my pictures & music on it that I'd like to retrieve, is the only way to have a shop repair the broken part ?
    Cheers
    steve

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Laptop..

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    Got my old laptop that died before chrimbo, it fell onto it's power supply & so snapped the female part in the rear of it..... Thing is it's got all my pictures & music on it that I'd like to retrieve, is the only way to have a shop repair the broken part ?
    Cheers
    steve
    dependant on how the female plug is connected to pcb board. Itmay be soldered in which to be honest woukd be better getting a shop to fix or a merely just a pcb board which just need replacing which would need you to strip the lappy or just get another laptop and use the hard drive from the knackered one in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Laptop..

If you take the hard drive which should only be a matter of a few screws and rig it up to one of these on any other machine http://www.ebuyer.com/product/136214