Post Thanks / Like

acelleration problem

after changing the top half of my carb because the bush had worn were the choke cam is it was loosing boost and fuel. After fixing that it ran great i had to give it some pedal and watch to see if the leak had stopped i did till the alternator belt snapped after replacing the belt i gave it some revs again so the belt could ware in. after that the car idles fine but when pulling of it stalls and the afr gauge runs rich to 16.5. when starting again it idles fine but wont pull of again. it feels like its not gettin fuel but it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: acelleration problem

At 16.5 thats running lean mate.

If you rev it on the spot does it do the same thing, bit of hessitation before picking up?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    At 16.5 thats running lean mate.

If you rev it on the spot does it do the same thing, bit of hessitation before picking up?
    sorry mate i ment lean not rich yes it does hesitate on the spot it did not do this before the alternter belt snapped its since i reved the balls of it it always idled between 13-14 and in its 12,s on boost before the leak on the choke cam.

Post Thanks / Like

Check the accelerator pump jet is working fine, squirting a nice stream of fuel down the carb? Might be worth taking out and giving it a clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Check the accelerator pump jet is working fine, squirting a nice stream of fuel down the carb? Might be worth taking out and giving it a clean.
    ok mate ill have to it first thing in morning ill get back to you thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=6129;122571]ok mate ill have to it first thing in morning ill get back to you thanks.[/quote
    went to start car today and it idled good i let it warm up and it reved good with out cutting out this time not like yesterday. everything car has been checked all over but still carnt get it to boost properly it keeps holding back. it has afr gauge in car it ldles at 14-15.6 carnt get it to boost in the 12,s how much do you turn the mixture screw to set up. can this be done without rolling road. carnt find one around derby and prima racing are to expensive not very helpful either.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=Markey Mark (BD);122570]Check the accelerator pump jet is working fine, squirting a nice stream of fuel down the carb? Might be worth taking out and giving it a clean.[/q Yesterday 16:15

Post Thanks / Like

As Markey rightly said, check the accelerator pump jet isn't blocked and/or that the pump mechanism hasn't seized.

Post Thanks / Like

got the carb running fine now the pump jet is ok. i even have a good group A carb built and set up and the car still hesitates on boost it just holds back under load. just like the standard carb. ?