Post Thanks / Like

mazda mx5

ok nice little fun cars these,mum bought one a while ago,anyway it has a real cool extra feature of when the car is running an the door is shut it locks itself!!!,how fab is that!!!
    bound to happen at some point,your outside your house then fine,pop in an get the spare keys,only thing i thought of was to get a spare key cut an carry it about all the time.

any one else had troubles with this feature and is there another way around it??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: mazda mx5

lost of cars do it, at my garage i always wind the windows down or keep the keys out. not really any other way around it without disableing the feature. i think its possible at main dealer but not sure. i know it is with renaults. Fords are a pain if you remove the battery cables and reatach them they lock all the doors.

Post Thanks / Like

i believe the feature is anti hijack.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    yeah, most pop the doors shut once your moving 5mph or so.. mummys 182 does it:ho:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post

you would think they would give you a button though so you can decide what you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J$£5GTT View Post
    ok nice little fun cars these,mum bought one a while ago,anyway it has a real cool extra feature of when the car is running an the door is shut it locks itself!!!,how fab is that!!!
    bound to happen at some point,your outside your house then fine,pop in an get the spare keys,only thing i thought of was to get a spare key cut an carry it about all the time.

any one else had troubles with this feature and is there another way around it??

they are probably the easiest cars in the world to open without keys... if you havn't worked it out pm me and i'll explain how (obviously not going to post it on here )