Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

standalone ecu

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

i want to run a standalone ecu on my volvo engine thats in my clio has anyone done this and what did they go for omex seem the favouites but there quie dear megasquirt seem around my price range but i think there might be issues with the flywheel pattern im currently running a rich modded ecu but want to do away with the two ecus and run one new upto date rather than rely on one person to do the ecu for me

Post Thanks / Like

Re: standalone ecu

A few people have run Adaptronic ecu's on the Volvo lump (i'll be one of them soon). Scoff is the man to speak to about them.

There is also another one running a DTA ecu.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

what sort of price are the adaptronic and are they something that can be fitted ect at home ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reevio View Post

what sort of price are the adaptronic and are they something that can be fitted ect at home ?
    Not too sure on price but it will be on Scoff's website, yeah you can fit it and wire it in by yourself at home if you feel confident about it. It will need maping though to run.

Think Scoff can answer more on this than me, i've still yet to buy mine and fit it.

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chris, I think I just answered an email from you

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

hi scoff just got ur email cheers im currently fitting a t25 with roller bearings off a skyline and some 310cc injectors i want to be geting around 220bhp if possible is there any other components i need to achieve this other than ur derestricted ecu? as im currently running a rich mod which is giving me max boost from mt t2 turbo at the mo

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reevio View Post

hi scoff just got ur email cheers im currently fitting a t25 with roller bearings off a skyline and some 310cc injectors i want to be geting around 220bhp if possible is there any other components i need to achieve this other than ur derestricted ecu? as im currently running a rich mod which is giving me max boost from mt t2 turbo at the mo
    Well, no other bits required really other than patients. It's a bit of a ballache to get the fueling right with the bigger injectors. You need to make a hole in the side of the pipe between the air flow meter and the turbo. Preferably with some fine gauze over it to prevent stones and other crap from doing harm. You will need to experiment with the hole size while watching air:fuel ratios. about 25mm at a guess.

Fitting a camshaft from the 2.0 ES N/A engine helps too.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

cheers scoff i will be undertaking the work in the next couple of months so il get some pcs up as i get on with it

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

has anyone had any dealings in megasguirt as they seem to be the cheapest on the market has or can anyone map it

Post Thanks / Like

dono about megga squirt but ive had a nightmare with my dta.

its neerly coming together tho

Post Thanks / Like

Have a word with miller on the megasquirt as he runs that system on Emmas 5. I would say you probably will have to have some sort of a clue on EFI to get it Built/setup. As for recommendation, i would say Adaptronic all day for ease of fitment, use, quality, support and price. I run an older E420 and even that does oodles of stuff.