Post Thanks / Like

Computer Design

Hay, i was wondering if anyone new any free software i can use to clean up .BMP files so that i can re-trace them on CAD?

I am trying to design a tattoo from lots of different designs and putting them together and tracing them to make one complete design is becoming a nightmare (using tracing paper)!! Any thoughts would be gread!

Cheers Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Computer Design

You can use a .BMP as a background image in Rhino .But you would have to create a few ,trace then bring the tracings all into one and scale to suit .I use it to trace artwork to create models .You can download an evaluation copy that is fully functional but will only let you save a file 20 times .

Post Thanks / Like

Does the Rhino software clean up the edges of a .bmp file to aid in the tracing Clee? I can trace it in CAD easy enough but with the pixels all over the place its really difficult to find the right edge to trace?

Cheers Chris

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds to me like you need to clean up your images in a pain type software before you do anything ?

I use a great little (free) paint software called "paint.net" for all the web related tasks I have. I can't be ar$ed with huge paint applications that take an age to load, use all of your ram to draw a straight line and that need paying for.... like Paintshop pro etc.

In Paint.net you could play with sharpness and contrast to get to where you want to be, maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a look at the pic attached Scoff, its pretty clear as it is, its only when i come to zoom in close to pick up the edge you can really see the pixels and its so difficult to pick up a defined edge
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Why do you need the edges that defined for a tattoo
    You just need to draw between the 'pixels' in a constant manner and it'll be fine .

Post Thanks / Like

Dude take your ideas to a tattoo artist, give him ideas and he will draw you up somthing, possible a fee would be involved...

Its best to be individual what others you got ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    Why do you need the edges that defined for a tattoo
    You just need to draw between the 'pixels' in a constant manner and it'll be fine .
    Because i am drawing it all from different pictures i have found and 'tieing' them all together. The only way i have found to do this easily is to trace the designs using tracing paper, get one bit right, then photocopy that onto more tracing paper and add the next bit, so if i make a mistake i am not rubbing lots and lots out. This is very time cosuming, so if i can trace it in CAD then add the other bits in and cut the lines i dont need, there is no need to go rubbing stuff out and getting smears all over it!

JRP, good idea bud but thats what i have done on my other 2 tats and want this one (because its my last (yea right )) to be my custom work.