Post Thanks / Like

shades of tungston grey ?

How many different shades are there ? any one got a colour chart with the different shade's ?

I'd like to get correct match to spray plastics. any one help ?

dave

Post Thanks / Like

Re: shades of tungston grey ?

i think there was around 7-9 shades but dont hold me to it.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a few of those rattle cans off eBay, they were pretty close on my 5. Can someone not just match it and knock up sum? I have a pint or more in a tin from the last owner, which was match to the car

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe if you go to a paint shop they will have a swatch with 4 shades of tungsten.

I would offer a little advise as I have gone through a couple of batches and I still havnt matched the shade of my car excactly.

Bascially, you will probably not match the colour by a swatch or standard colour because if the age of the paint. Closest I got it was them putting a digital reader on my paint and making me a specific batch.

I value the paint shop I go to and the people as they have been around for many many years and I have used them for about 10. However, I think they could have done a better job in the first place when I was looking into paint.

The paint I ended up with is a little lighter than the original colour but very very close.

Non-member Pete@Backyard Racing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

theres no such thing as a perfect colour match especially with metalic paint,
    eg, if a bodyshop is painting a door in metalic paint they will (blend in) paint the 1st half of the wing and 1/4 pannel.

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pete@Backyard Racing View Post
    theres no such thing as a perfect colour match especially with metalic paint,
    eg, if a bodyshop is painting a door in metalic paint they will (blend in) paint the 1st half of the wing and 1/4 pannel.
    Good body shops that is! How many (even brand new, high value) silver and grey cars do you see with single panel paint jobs, that look awfull because the shop didn't bother blowing into the adjacent panels

Post Thanks / Like

Right, cheers guys.

Next idea then, pick a simaliar colour and get it all sprayed.

I am wondering which one ? I want a light shade if i have a choice.

Any one have any ideas on the different shades ? ie members cars that are noticably different.

also what are peoples opinions on which shade looks the coldest

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    Good body shops that is! How many (even brand new, high value) silver and grey cars do you see with single panel paint jobs, that look awfull because the shop didn't bother blowing into the adjacent panels

To true mate, far too many monkeys in the game these days which in turn with insurance companys drove the wages in to the ground, sad as I love painting cars but had to get out now I paint super yachts powerboats etc