Post Thanks / Like

God damn cheap ass mo fo's

Right, on my profile it states under suspension "-60mm I don't know how....but i'll let you know when I have a look!"

Well after having a quick look its not coilovers......Damn LOL

but when I got the phone call today from the garage saying it failed it's MOT cos the front springs have been cut I was mad! I've heard of pikeys doing the cheap ass modification but please.........how much are 2 springs? it must be more hastle to cut through the originals

So.....can anyone advise a good spring to use, i'd like a 40 to 50mm drop as its sat right down at the back. Anyone got any lying around or can advise a good price to pay?

Ill look into springs/dampers at a later date, I just want it on the road at the mo.....that said if theres a good deal i'll consider it.

It also failed on the downpipe connection, I'm told by the garage it's got the wrong bolts.......I know I can get them from CGB.....does anyone know if i can get them from ECP or GSF?

besides these items i'm good to go. I have lights and a horn now.... they help

wooooooot!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: God damn cheap ass mo fo's

ive ordered from cgb in the morning and they where here next day m8. good service

Post Thanks / Like

Aah, I remember that car on Ebay!

As you say, surely it is more effort arsing about, cutting springs than just buying some lowering springs!?

Talking of pikey things.. I found a sheered off wheel bolt in the offside hub of a Campus I just bought!! They hadn't bothered to get it removed / swap the hub and hence, were only running 3 wheel bolts. Good job I'm gonna be breaking my old Campus

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J8TRO View Post
    It also failed on the downpipe connection, I'm told by the garage it's got the wrong bolts.......I know I can get them from CGB.....does anyone know if i can get them from ECP or GSF?
    Renault maybe??

77 03 027 277 STUD
    77 00 701 831 SPACER EXH/COLLAR
    77 03 032 048 NUT NT 2001/2139

Post Thanks / Like

DOH.......... Thanks Big Man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriC View Post
    Aah, I remember that car on Ebay!

As you say, surely it is more effort arsing about, cutting springs than just buying some lowering springs!?

Talking of pikey things.. I found a sheered off wheel bolt in the offside hub of a Campus I just bought!! They hadn't bothered to get it removed / swap the hub and hence, were only running 3 wheel bolts. Good job I'm gonna be breaking my old Campus
    nout wrong with three , its when you only have two you need to worry

Post Thanks / Like

Right, after putting on one of my winter wheels tonight, I also found out I only had 3 nuts on each wheel! oh it gets better...........

Suppose its a good job i've found out now while still trying to get it on the road.....

Whilst still on about my dodgy cut springs, i'm thinking of getting -35mm springs from CGB, can anyone send me a photo or link to their car or a car they know on std shocks with -35mm springs so I know how it will look? cause mine are cut it could be sat at any height......i just dont know what it is.

I know you can get -55 but imagine them to be utter crap used with a std shock. I plan to upgrade later down the line so the 35mm will be temporary, but would just like to know.....

thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave j gtt View Post
    nout wrong with three , its when you only have two you need to worry
    Yeh, but there is. The car is designed for four bolts.. And the fact that one was sheered off and just left shows a SH!TE quality of workmanship over the years!