Post Thanks / Like

B18FT into an oldish Clio

Hiya, can anyone give me some info on the above conversion?

I've seen the 5GTT engine go into a Clio with not much fuss and the B18FT into a 5 with not much fuss........... soooooooooooooo presumably the B18FT should go into a clio with not much fuss????
    1. How do the two ECU's work? Do you need both of these during the conversion or can i JUST use one of Scoff's converted ECUS's? http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?productID=167
    2. Do i need to take the 5's gearstick and rod selector or can i use one thats on the Clio already and match this up to the 5GTT gearbox?
    3. Using the 5's box can i keep the existing dashboard and clocks?
    4. Can i use the suspension from a 5 on a Clio? I was thinking of using the rear beam off a 5 onto the clio and use Yellow koni's from a 5! Is this worth it?
    5. Scoff, can you make an engine wiring loom for the ECU/'s to suit the Clio?
    6. Will a T25 from a 5 bolt on to the exhaust manifold?
    7. Can i use the 5's Rad and oil cooler (with the 5's take off plate)?
    I think thats all the quesitons i have at the minute, but would like to hear of peoples experiences of doing this conversion or of using this engine?!

Cheers Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Re: B18FT into an oldish Clio

pop on to www.clio16valver.co.uk as this conversion has been covered many times on the site and a few are doing it at the moment

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers, had a quick butchers around the website but found it a little confusing. Has anyone on here had any experience with this conversion or engine/ECU's?

Post Thanks / Like

search a member called reevio on there. hes done it a few times

Post Thanks / Like

have a little look through here chris. assuming this is the oldish shape clio your talking about.

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=5907

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kempy View Post
    have a little look through here chris. assuming this is the oldish shape clio your talking about.

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=5907
    Thanks for that Kempy, really good read!

I was thinking of doing the conversion into a Mk1 clio, is this easier/the same as the link above?

Can i get away with just running the 2 Volvo ECU's (inc Scoffs tinkered one) and not having to run all 3? If i went standalone would i only need the 1?

Will the 5 box fit onto the Volvo engine and into the Clio?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

not read the entire thread but yeah, just the 2 ecu's the other volvo one is for the abs. standalone would on need the one ecu.
    the 5 box is the same casing as the volvo so will bolt up an fit directly into the clio.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    not read the entire thread but yeah, just the 2 ecu's the other volvo one is for the abs. standalone would on need the one ecu.
    the 5 box is the same casing as the volvo so will bolt up an fit directly into the clio.
    Cheers Haz, with regards to the ECU's do you mean the 1 from the clio and 1 from Volvo? If so, which one from the Volvo?

Cheers Chris

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hebden View Post
    Cheers Haz, with regards to the ECU's do you mean the 1 from the clio and 1 from Volvo? If so, which one from the Volvo?

Cheers Chris
    No, he means the 2 volvo ECU's Chris. There are 2 in the volvo, one for fuel and one for ignition. It is the ignition (EZK module) that needs modification to remove the boost limit