Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: insuring multiple cars

It's sounds grey at your insurers but not at Quinn's. If you went with them, I'd be all over the small print if I were you.

It's a risk I couldn't take. If you get into an accident and they ivestigate you, you'll be cr*pping your pants, especially if they find out you are an RTOC member.

Let us know how you get on.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still not buying it, sorry.

How do you explain the situation to the copper if his anpr-equipped car pulls you over, which is probably gonna be a regularly occurance given the car will have no insurance against it on the database.

Is it worth the 6 points to find out the hard way? That's unless of course you can get something in black & white from the insurance company before-hand stating that it is ok to drive an uninsured car & still be covered 3rd party. If they do that, well, I'll be fecking gobsmacked, and wondering why I've been insuring ropey old run-arounds over the years!

Mind you, if you ever did hit & hurt someone, god forbid, in said 'uninsured' car, I wonder if the insurance company will pay out, and not leave you to pick up the pieces?

Post Thanks / Like

in this situation i think you need to email the insurance company outlining in black and white exactly what you propose and see if you can get a black and white response that dosent have any small print etc.

That is the only way i would trust this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    in this situation i think you need to email the insurance company outlining in black and white exactly what you propose and see if you can get a black and white response that dosent have any small print etc.

That is the only way i would trust this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    I'm still not buying it, sorry.

How do you explain the situation to the copper if his anpr-equipped car pulls you over, which is probably gonna be a regularly occurance given the car will have no insurance against it on the database.

Is it worth the 6 points to find out the hard way? That's unless of course you can get something in black & white from the insurance company before-hand stating that it is ok to drive an uninsured car & still be covered 3rd party. If they do that, well, I'll be fecking gobsmacked, and wondering why I've been insuring ropey old run-arounds over the years!

Mind you, if you ever did hit & hurt someone, god forbid, in said 'uninsured' car, I wonder if the insurance company will pay out, and not leave you to pick up the pieces?

That's what happened to my mate,i dont actually have a policy with quinn,my mate does,he was yanked due to it flagging up that the vehicle was'nt insured,he argued that he was,the copper then phoned through & the lady at quinn told him he was covered.

obviously the policy has the drive any car advantage,but it does'nt cover your car overnight for theft/damage etc