Post Thanks / Like

Ethics??

Is it ok to knock on someones door and offer to buy their car
    The reason I ask is up the road from me is a Nissan Pulsar which hasn't moved for more than 3 years, having said that if they wanted to sell it, it would be up for sale .

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ethics??

I dont see a problem with it. You could always stick a letter throught their door with your number on and they can contact you if their interested.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats how I got my 2nd renault 5, flat tyres, knocked on the door, they said the owner was out at the moment, went back that afternoon, he needed it gone as he was moving took a look round made an offer and next day I was owner of an original renault 5 but high mileage

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't ask you won't get. The worst they can say is no so worth a knock.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the letter idea. My old man had a lotus shell on bricks for years at home, and we would get someone knock every now and then. He always said he would finish it. Its been replaced with a 5 now. IMHO a letter is a little more formal, we used to have "new age travellers" and the lot asking about it.

Post Thanks / Like

there is an rs turbo in red down the road from me its been there years and i knocked on the door and some one turned up said it was his mechanics i left my card but he never rang and its still there now!!
    i now its a minter cause he has had it over ten yes bit fadded paint but she would clean up .
    so i say yes pop round

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers chaps, I like the letter idea, I'm going to give that a go first and see.
    I know its a silly question, just something i'm not overly comfortable doing, but it looks really clean and could be a cheap project if the price was right.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

People always left notes with numbers on my 5 asking if it was forsale. I never called
    when I had my 1st 5 I heard there was a guy that had a garage full of 5 parts kicking about so got his address and dropped him a note, he called back and I cleared his garage of bits. Mint boot, alloys, hoses, bagged and tagged parts all for cheap. Then he told me about his mate who also had a shed of parts so I rang him and cleared his shed of struts, spare gbox etc.

dropping a note in the letterbox can be a total winner