Post Thanks / Like

my house broken into

Woke up this morning to the sound of my mum saying we have been broken into

****ers had stolen my mums less than 2 week old laptop and her bag full of cards etc and went to phone up to cancel them and they had tried using them to buy stuff this morning. Also took my 21st birthday watch from the misses, gold bracelt and 2 of my rings

Got to say the police were round withing 1 hour to take details etc of what had been taken and we told them about the people buying stuff online so they are going to be checking that out.

Thing is they left my wallet full of money, car keys, phones, another laptop, laptop charger and went. Didn`t go through any draws, cuboards or anything

Post Thanks / Like

Re: my house broken into

That is absolutley horrendous !! Hope everyone is ok and that they get your stuff back soon.

The people responsible deserve nothing less than a painfull death.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear that rich

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear that mate......did you not have a house alarm?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IANMM View Post
    sorry to hear that mate......did you not have a house alarm?

nope no alarm as we are not staying here much longer so didn`t think it was really needed as will be a waste.

Post Thanks / Like

always makes me wonder why most ppl will alarm there car but they wont alarm there house, and the house is worth a hell of allot more.......

i understand what your saying about moving on but if your selling it it would have been an extra + point for the sale or if you bought a wireless one you could have just taken it with you.....

just my opinion but once you have been broken into once you 6X more likely to be tried again in a few weeks when the burglars know you have had you stuff replaced by the insurance

Post Thanks / Like

most of our valuables are boxed up and in the loft as we never got a chance to unpack them 3 years ago when we moved here. we only have one decent tv and a pc and thats it.

They got in through the front door, the lock was never turned so popping it open wasn`t a problem. I have changed the locks anyway now so not a problem. Silly mistake led to this which is a pain but they never come upstairs for other stuff or disturbed my mum which I would have been more angry about.