Post Thanks / Like

106 quicksivler clutch questions

Gota 106 quicksilver 8v 1.4.

the clutch pedal sits high and the biting point is right at the top making it difficult to drive.

I looked at the end of the cable (gearbox end) and theres no nut on it, just blank and a friend said its going to be an auto adjusting clutch.

question is , is there anyway of altering this so that the pedal dosent sit quite so high or is it new clutch time.

If it is new clutch time is it basic swap or do i need to reset the cable somehow ?

I rolled the car at around 15mph, then plonked the car into 4th and put my foot to the floor, the clutch didnt slip, instead the car just bogged and slowly pulled itself up to speed.

Any help please as most on the 106 boards appear to be muppets and lack any kind of technical know how.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 106 quicksivler clutch questions

are you sure the clutch cable is an original one? - remember what happens to gtt's when you fit non oe cables?

Post Thanks / Like

il be honest sparkie , i dont :P. what does happen ? you thinking it may be worth getting a cable off another car or a nice new one and plonking it on to see what happens incase the cables cheapo spec and just not doing its job.

Post Thanks / Like

if you fit non oe clutch cables to a gtt the self adjust mechanism can't seem to handle it properly as the inner cable and outer sheath lengths are different.

i'd buy a new cable, and fit it, and see if it is ok. even if its the same, you know you've removed it from the equation and got a new cable fitted.

Post Thanks / Like

pm me the last 8 digits of your chassis number and i'll get you part number and price of an OE cable... perks of working for poo-geot

Post Thanks / Like

ermm ive not got the chassis number to hand, can you search by car reg ? S168 MAB.

Cheers sparkie, i spoke to nick at shenpar who said its pretty rare for the ratchets to fail and that most likely its a clutch on its last scrawny legs.

Post Thanks / Like

p/n: 2150VO
    £28.90inc vat

Post Thanks / Like

bugga me,,.. ahh i forgot about the wonderfull peugeot service box.. , cheers for that mark. I think i may bang a new clutch on it anyway for thsake of a few hours work and the fact the car was owned by a 18 year old chav scum.. all the rest of the jbos done on it are bad so ill bang a clutch on and failing that a new cable.

Post Thanks / Like

wish renault did an online version of servicebox..

i just log into it from home, so 24/7 access

if ya ever need any info from it, just let me know

Post Thanks / Like

cheers man,i do have a mate whos the manager of parts dept at burton peugeot.. donna if you know her.

Well update is , i decided to do the clutch anyhow as i thought hell why not. Bad news is the clutch had quite a lot of meat left, however , the release bearing feel to bits and the section that pushes onto the pressure plate (small section about 4mm high) had completely worn flat..

Would this possibly cause the pedal biting point to sit excessvily high dispite the clutch still having plenty of meat left ?