Post Thanks / Like

laptop problems

Basically my laptop is playing up ,, every now and then the screen slowly fades to white and freezes , if i hit it a couple of times it then comes back on
    doing it alot lately.
    any ideas guys ??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: laptop problems

If you move the screen forwards or backwards a little does it then work, if it does sounds like it could be a problem with the cable that connect to the screen from the main unit, i had the same issue and was told that the ribbon cable they used had become brittle and had a cable break and if i got it in the correct spot the screen would just not work.

Try it an see if it does the same it will need a repair and perhaps the cable replaced.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrows View Post
    If you move the screen forwards or backwards a little does it then work, if it does sounds like it could be a problem with the cable that connect to the screen from the main unit, i had the same issue and was told that the ribbon cable they used had become brittle and had a cable break and if i got it in the correct spot the screen would just not work.

Try it an see if it does the same it will need a repair and perhaps the cable replaced.
    yeah it does ,, freezes and fades out if i move the screen move it again and its ok

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan y View Post
    yeah it does ,, freezes and fades out if i move the screen move it again and its ok
    Yes sounds like what happened to mine, your going to have to either put up with it and move it some times or get it repaired.