Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault 5 GT Turbo 1.4 OR Peugeot 205 GTi 1.6 & 1.9

What about sky insurance? i was on the phone yesturday, and adrian flux offered me an agreed valuation.. hmmif they are bad to deal with ile skip it.

Nobody want to help me as i have a roll cage... also after an agreed valuation

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    do not use HIC or Adrian Flux, they are one and the same company these days.-awful to deal with.

use confused.com to get a better idea of cheap cover then make sure you goto the actual insurers website and do it again from there.
    I use HIC and not had any problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sy5GTT View Post
    I use HIC and not had any problems.
    Have you had to claim though? You hear nothing but bad when it comes to Adrian Flux and claiming.

Post Thanks / Like

don't worry, you will...

Post Thanks / Like

Conversely, I continue to have very positive dealings with HIC. That's about 5 years in a row now incl two car cover, agreed valuations, price matching, discount for club membership, discount for limited mileage etc etc.

The only issue I have is that they try and take your money for next year automatically using last years' bank details without notification, under the auspices of 'not wanting your insurance to lapse, leaving you without cover'. Feckers, lol. I got a letter through saying they hadn't been able to take the money as the bank details were no longer valid! Good job an all.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive just had a very good quote with Graham Sykes, mods, limited milege etc etc. Not a problem...Cheap aswell!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just my 2 pence worth but i've owned around 6 5's now and up until recently i've had my 1st rebuild after a "not so good rolling road session" the day before rtoc pod day, Bearing in mind this was not at fault with the RR itself.

Previous to this on my old 5's i've only ever had to change a clutch, other than that i've been driving fault free for the last 5 years or so, All i can say is if you end up buying a GT turbo just make sure its set up correctly ie: fuel and boost etc.

I've never owned a 205 but i've been out in one which marky mark BD had for a while which was a 1.9 and i must admit....yes they handle very well and pull very well but there's nothing like getting back in a 5 after and driving home

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gttnutter View Post
    Just my 2 pence worth but i've owned around 6 5's now and up until recently i've had my 1st rebuild after a "not so good rolling road session" the day before rtoc pod day, Bearing in mind this was not at fault with the RR itself.

Previous to this on my old 5's i've only ever had to change a clutch, other than that i've been driving fault free for the last 5 years or so, All i can say is if you end up buying a GT turbo just make sure its set up correctly ie: fuel and boost etc.

I've never owned a 205 but i've been out in one which marky mark BD had for a while which was a 1.9 and i must admit....yes they handle very well and pull very well but there's nothing like getting back in a 5 after and driving home
    hehe my old 205, i felt it felt rather weak but that was because i drove a r5 before a 205 so it was bound to feel weak! but owning both cars has its advantages, like i say they both do what they do best very well, so just have both!