Post Thanks / Like

Independant Evaluations

f**cking insurence companys. Up untill today iv had nothing but prays for HIC insurance. Just renewed my insurance which was straight forward but this time round Hic have passed my insurance onto a different company to last year. The new company "chaucer insurance" asked for an updated spec sheet and new photos. Any way last year i had a agreed evaluation of 12k, but this new evaluation came threw at 7.5k I got straight on the phone to question the big decrease, the simple reply was " in this financial climate cars arent selling for as much".

Now surely cars that are unique as is mine would be effected that much?
    I thought the evaluation would be what it would cost a dublicate the car?

Now the bloke on the phone was helpful and said if i can get a independant evaluation from a garage or from a club they would re look at the case.

Any suggestion to where next step should be to get the evaluation back up? how do i go about getting a private evaluation?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Independant Evaluations

get the club, comittee to each give a valuation for your car... im sure if you ask they will oblige... its worth what you want no doubt in that! club should be able to provide an opinion and help... as its the enthusiast that would buy the car, so hence its value within enthusiasts circles... if you get me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    get the club, comittee to each give a valuation for your car... im sure if you ask they will oblige... its worth what you want no doubt in that! club should be able to provide an opinion and help... as its the enthusiast that would buy the car, so hence its value within enthusiasts circles... if you get me
    any help from the club then would be most greatful

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Minty, your not the only member who has asked if the club can do evaluations, the committee are discussing this atm, its a unique issue, we dont know what the cars are really worth... and its difficult for the club to give a value on every members car...

If we did it for 1 member, you can best £100 that every member will wants there 5 valued at £5k cos the "unique", special, rare etc...

Post Thanks / Like

fair point chris but unless they really need 1 doing then the shouldnt abuse the right...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minty83 View Post
    fair point chris but unless they really need 1 doing then the shouldnt abuse the right...

bingo.. i might need one... hope i can get the help required

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have made the committee aware of this thread, maybe we can sort something out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    I have made the committee aware of this thread, maybe we can sort something out.
    penfold to the rescue

South East Regional Rep soapymech's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minty83 View Post
    penfold to the rescue
    then maybe i can rescue penfold wink nudgeplease club dont turn baron turn ur back