Post Thanks / Like

Wheels for rolling shell

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

New winter project so..............

Instead of trying to work it out (and yes I've tried the search function) I need to get my shell rolling for paint o'clock, I want some v cheap sh1t wheels to roll it around on. I know GT Turbo wheels are 4 x 100 ET36, any ideas what I can pick up from the breakers off other cars to do the job?

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheels for rolling shell

go onto ebay, and get a cheap set of the standard ph2 alloys you get them for tuppence!

i got 7 of them with tyres for nothing a while ago...

post a wanted (an appeal) for people with ****ters laying around getting in the way and pinch them

Post Thanks / Like

So what project is this then Matt? How cheap is cheap? I have a spare set of speedlines but I cant remember how good they are.

Post Thanks / Like

Get 4 steel wheels off an old Renault 5, Clio or 19 from a breakers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    So what project is this then Matt? How cheap is cheap? I have a spare set of speedlines but I cant remember how good they are.
    Hee, hee, hee..............one that couldn't be kept a secret All I want to say for now is I'm about to begin work on a new shell, final destination........ not sure just yet but I've caught the bug again.

So, wheels, I could do with something that costs next to nothing and they can go in the skip afterwards (first thought) or a v cheap set of alloys, either way they must have tyres that hold air!

Post Thanks / Like

As ricky said, go to the scrappy and get 4 wheels. Loads of renault steelies will fit ( make sure youve got clearence for the caliper )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kris M View Post
    As ricky said, go to the scrappy and get 4 wheels. Loads of renault steelies will fit ( make sure youve got clearence for the caliper )
    Yeah I can see this being the solution but didn't want to faff around looking for separate tyres if they were all flat at the breakers. Caliper clearance was the other reason I asked so I was sure what will go on
    Last edited by Streetfighter; 09-09-2009 at 21:17.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Streetfighter View Post

Hee, hee, hee..............one that couldn't be kept a secret All I want to say for now is I'm about to begin work on a new shell, final destination........ not sure just yet but I've caught the bug again.

So, wheels, I could do with something that costs next to nothing and they can go in the skip afterwards (first thought) or a v cheap set of alloys, either way they must have tyres that hold air!
    Ah, I wondered why you were giving stuff away.

Mine have got air in but that's not to say its going to stay in. Actually I poked the valve on one and it disappeared inside so that's them out.
    Btw you can tell, soul of discretion me ;-)