Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: National Day 2011 Discussion - What do members Want?

Quote Originally Posted by D4WNO View Post
    As part of the AGM next year I'd really like to properly introduce some of the Area Reps too, I think it would be good, especially for some of the newer members. You guys work hard too and I think that needs to be expressed.
    Gladly

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, that's really appreciated. Of course, we do hope that we can find a way around things without others needing to put themselves out and taking away from their own track time (track time doesn't bother me as only go out as a passenger anyway). We can hire additional staff and find better ways to do things where we can.

well i dont mind....track really isnt my thing anyways the offers there if you ever need it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IANMM View Post
    If you need help like this at any other future events i will put my name forward....im sure some other area reps would be glad to help out

ian
    I agree, count me in too

We could wear 'rtoc marshall' type jackets or something

South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair View Post

Gutted I couldn't make it this year, back to the UK in Mid Sept. I will be there next year though, and happy to help out anyone with organising the event or doing some marshalling on the day if required
    If you need some assistance just shout Dawn Feel free to name and shame me at the meeting too.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Good post Streetfighter
    Lol, not at all. We ASKED for feedback and comments after all. We all have our own views on it and look just how much the club has learnt from this thread alone. It's all going towards making the next National Day better than it has ever been before

Phew, that took ages - I'm going for a little kip under my desk at work

happy days..

fingers crossed the events interest more members join in this time, if there not turning up to go on the track and have a go, why not? if there not interested in coming to watch, why not..

if all the clubs going to do is make a loss for the good of a handful of pure renault club members to have a good time on the track while the benefits are taken advantage off by strangers so to speak, then we have problems..

i remember my first Nday at the pod and it was buzzing, that would have been a Rach set up one at the weekend, always good as the public no doubt turned up for a watch.. the week day ones are more personal with just us guys and the odd friend or family joining.. will we ever see us get to that kind turn out again or has the club burnt out that kind of interest from members?

i dont think the track days have ever seen that interest wether its from people on track or watching. guess its harder to get people involved perhaps, bruce's first one was abit of a flop if i remember and lost the place at the pod.. has the track ever seen a return like the pod or at the end of the day is the money in/money out loses the same ball park?

we say were not in it to make money but fair enough we dont want to p1ss it away..

the track events there to cater for all and thats the right thing to do, but making a big loss isn't smart hence people have clawed back the money from other clubs etc.. the talk of the next event make me wonder if the same things gonna happen again but with a twist. why is the Rtoc taking the hit when it could just be shared with another club, is that a thought for the next one or are we fronting it all again and offering it out cheap the uk?

i've been busy moaning about what i dont want at the Nday when i should have just said what i do want..

• a race track/pod track full of the best renault turbos - or whatever good honest members have
    • a camp site full of renault blooded members
    • and an ice cream van
    if thats not the case from day 1 then calling it rtoc Nday seems a mistake, that means a day near dedicated to Renaults, if not then why not just call it a track day and when everyone gets there we know what to expect..

im sure you guys have it all sorted and im not gonna worry about it, next year events will be on and i'll turn up where i can and enjoy myself as i always have..

Post Thanks / Like

This is not aimed at you Dave as i do agree will most of what you have said

Can i please ask members if you are going to add your"two pence worth" can you please only add comments that have not already been mentioned or addressed. As 6 pages of criticism is starting to take its toll.

We are addressing all the issues that are our control but some things we cannot control. I would also like to add the committee members that organised the day and assisted on the day have little experience of organising major events with over 200 people. We are just normal people with normal life trying to do our best for club we are not super human.

Regards
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

I've got to agree with some points on here and disagree with others, i have my view on non members coming but as Miller has said its been discused alot so i'll refraine from talking about that.

One thing i will mention though is about the way Nat Day looks compared to all other Nat Day shows i've seen (i:e RSOC at Pod and Performance Vauxhall).

What i mean is when you go to there shows, everyone is parked up nicely in there own groups, traders have there own area and track/drag cars have there own areas purely for them to park in so there not clutterd up with cars just parked up for the day.
    When you look at the pics of ous it looks like a NCP car park mess, couldn't even tell where the show and shine was, Mike (the only trader) stuck out the back and then track cars all over the place with then 'jo public' cars scattered in between.
    How about maybe having the area's sectioned off? I know its not much but it gives it abit more of a professional look and allows everyone to know where what is.

If we were to welcome a few other clubs how about giving each club a section to park there cars in, maybe limit number of cars too i'e space for x number of cars and if they turn up in non renaults they park there car in a designated area out the way, sort of general car park.

Just an idea but foir me helps make it look more of a well organised day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    This is not aimed at you Dave as i do agree will most of what you have said

Can i please ask members if you are going to add your"two pence worth" can you please only add comments that have not already been mentioned or addressed. As 6 pages of criticism is starting to take its toll.

We are addressing all the issues that are our control but some things we cannot control. I would also like to add the committee members that organised the day and assisted on the day have little experience of organising major events with over 200 people. We are just normal people with normal life trying to do our best for club we are not super human.

Regards
    Chris
    Chin up chief, you shouldn't take it so personally! There's plenty of members with 10 years of membership under their belt, some who turn up and enjoy no matter what, some who want to help and some that don't or can't.
    There's got to be members with experience of organising big events (me for one) but we don't all have time to commit to a recognised role in the club.
    It doesn't want to be too clinical, but from the items highlighted I don't see any of them as major barriers.
    To save pages of critical spam why not run a simple pole for what type of event people want? Or it can be on an alternating basis, track, drag strip both with show and shine and different locations? (yes I know, budget!!)
    What about asking for "on the day" volunteers? Didn't see anyone doing that in the run up to the event!
    Also you can't have any tom, dick or harry marshalling a track event, you must be trained, but I know a lot of people who are, and if you feed them for the day who knows how many may help.
    There's some big personalities in the club, very capable of organising people and events........

Leeds & South Yorkshire Area Rep
    Loose Bolts Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know if this would work or not. why dont the committee approach a trackday organiser for a circuit and subsidise a trackday. This then takes all the responsibility off the comittee members of having to staff and police the event (they can enjoy themselves with the rest of us) and then they are not taking the flak afterwards when someone complains about this that and the other.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't wish to harp on but nobody seems to have addressed the trackday/show element of the problem. People have complained about there not being many cars there, 5's etc which may have something to do with the weather but how many members brought their track cars and not the 5GT's. As more and more people spend considerable amounts getting them back to OE it's not a situation that is going to get any better either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    I don't wish to harp on but nobody seems to have addressed the trackday/show element of the problem. People have complained about there not being many cars there, 5's etc which may have something to do with the weather but how many members brought their track cars and not the 5GT's. As more and more people spend considerable amounts getting them back to OE it's not a situation that is going to get any better either.
    Agreed, but if we could have a recognised area for "OE classics" I would change my ways.

As also mentioned earlier, what about some after lunch parade laps for the classics just before the full track time starts again. Similar format to the RSOC National Day trackday at Donnington last year.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

[quote=Markey Mark (BD

What i mean is when you go to there shows, everyone is parked up nicely in there own groups, traders have there own area and track/drag cars have there own areas purely for them to park in so there not clutterd up with cars just parked up for the day.
    When you look at the pics of ous it looks like a NCP car park mess, couldn't even tell where the show and shine was, Mike (the only trader) stuck out the back and then track cars all over the place with then 'jo public' cars scattered in between.
    How about maybe having the area's sectioned off? I know its not much but it gives it abit more of a professional look and allows everyone to know where what is.

Ive been keeping my eye on this thread for days but have not commented as maybe I dont think I qualify, as this Is my first year of membership, although I have been to both pod and national day but I didnt know what really to expect.

The above comment I do agree with and think it would be great to section it off and put peolple from the same regions from accross the country parked together.

I do agree with most of what has been said but disagree with others, but like has already been said the negativity has been pointed out and we now need to address the situation concentrate on the positives and move on for the good of the club and alot more National days to come.

Mat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Streetfighter View Post
    Agreed, but if we could have a recognised area for "OE classics" I would change my ways.

As also mentioned earlier, what about some after lunch parade laps for the classics just before the full track time starts again. Similar format to the RSOC National Day trackday at Donnington last year.
    That's good. I suppose I'm just trying to make the point that we are likely to see fewer and fewer of the O.E.'s at trackday based events as oe and trackday are not really mutually inclusive.

Post Thanks / Like

How about a real auction? Members with parts to sell can put there 'lot' forward and have someone be the auctioneer?

Also, does the club charge if anyone wants a stall? It might be worth ditching the pitch cost for one year to get sellers on board and more stalls available for the members to browse..

Post Thanks / Like

No, we don't charge for pitches anyway. I don't think we'll have a problem getting various companies to attend, I'm happy to take that on as I can get quite a few of our contacts and those who offer discounts on board who I already have a good working relationship with

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

No, we don't charge for pitches anyway. I don't think we'll have a problem getting various companies to attend, I'm happy to take that on as I can get quite a few of our contacts and those who offer discounts on board who I already have a good working relationship with
    what sorta people would we try have turn up, i wouldn't know where to start.. i'd like to see some flocked gear close up before buying, other than that i dunno

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lomo View Post
    How about a real auction? Members with parts to sell can put there 'lot' forward and have someone be the auctioneer?
    Really like that idea, I'll pop it on the list to discuss in more detail later

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    what sorta people would we try have turn up, i wouldn't know where to start.. i'd like to see some flocked gear close up before buying, other than that i dunno
    We happen to have a flocking company in our contacts list (recommended by Billy actually). Gawd, I can think of so many but we can discuss the finer points later on and see who everyone would like to see there. We also need to think about the vendors and make sure they have interest, else we are wasting their time too.

I'll trawl properly through all the ND related threads when I get a few hours and pick out the ideas/thoughts that everyone has had. Some of the areas are quite big so will need their own individual discussions on them in the next few weeks.

All that aside, we've got to sort out what type of event (track / drag / show and shine etc) that the members want in the first place...and then where. EEEEK!

Post Thanks / Like

All that aside, we've got to sort out what type of event (track / drag / show and shine etc) that the members want in the first place...and then where. EEEEK!
    This is kinda what I was getting at in my posts, can you have national day without the big draw (the track) though? Could we have a trackday and get get other clubs to subsidise us with them paying higher prices and then a more family orientated ND.
    Tricky, like Dave says though, you don't want to be throwing out the baby with the bath water.
    Last edited by Hoolio; 25-08-2010 at 18:09.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe some group buys organised prior to the events that culminate at the national day. Saves postage. Gives the contacts a gauranteed reason to turn up. They wont feel like its a waste if they dont get any more sales on board that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Any more ideas or opinions guys? Speak up if you do. The day is for the members and your voice should be heard

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Any more ideas or opinions guys? Speak up if you do. The day is for the members and your voice should be heard

strippers....

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I've enjoyed the National Days that I have been too the only reason I missed this years is down having the car off the road..

I like the idea of organising cars into groups, maybe OE, moddified.. or colours is always nice. Or even areas..

The problem would be the organising of this, but I'm sure the area reps can help here.. make a plan before we go and decide whos doing what and when.

Hopefully I'll get to know other reps a bit better this coming year and we can sort it.

One thing I've read on the forums is members that don't know who to approach, or maybe feel silly approaching strangers, I wonder if we can have some sort of actvity that might help with this so we all mingle a bit and (I know this has been said before) identify ourselves a bit better - particualy area reps, perhaps area reps could have there names and area printed on the back of an RTOC polo shirt to be worn at National Days? like "Andrew Warren East Mids Area Rep" I don't mind buying another t-shirt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    I would also like to add the committee members that organised the day and assisted on the day have little experience of organising major events with over 200 people. We are just normal people with normal life trying to do our best for club we are not super human.

Regards
    Chris
    Speak for yourself dude...............now, where's that phonebox, im needed.........

Post Thanks / Like

I think Santapod day should be national day. Santa pod is a far better day and the atmosphere is awesome.

If it stays at Mallory then these are my suggestions:-

I'm fed up of seeing non-members at national day. (could it be these that stole Nicks headunit?) Spectators they can be but certainly not on the track. Also we dont want people signing up for 1 year then attending then dissapearing just coz its a cheap way to get on track.

I think seeing M3s on the track is gay. If you own a toyota supra or a bloody scooby then go track days with them. Stop using RTOC for a cheap track day. Open it up to a few select owners clubs, 21toc, clubclio etc etc, get these clubs to share costs.

Perhaps if at mallory there was none renault parking on the field (becasue none renault shouldnt be on the track) and Renault parking in the paddock.

5s park in the 5 section, 21s in thier section, gta etc etc.
    Lets have the rows of parking set out and published well before the event so that peeps know where to park before the day.

Its good that Mike turns up with his stall so lets make sure hes set up as best he can be with the parking and the paddock arranged around him. We dont want him having to set up willy nilly coz everyone parks where they want.

Well theres my suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Kenobi- I know you won't, but if you take the time to read this thread you'll see that all those suggestions are not workable for reasons said on this thread- and dozens of ones like it over the last 4 years. Seen as you wont read it here are a few key points-

Other Renault turbo and just Renault owners club ARE NOT interested in joining our ND. Miller, emma, ashy, clee, dawno, me, Big Steve and others have posted on their forums, messaged/emailed their events people countless times over the last 5 years- still they do not come, or even bother to reply in most cases.

The M3's on track- RTOC members. long serving members, some of who still have (and also brought with them to ND) Renault turbos. All of who have done more for this club over the years than you could imagine.

None Renaults on track- If its a RTOC member what difference does it make if its a renault or not? The person is the member, not their car. I like the variety out on track, makes it more interesting.

Non members there in general- Bottom line is we need them. We shouldn't, but we do. The best way ONE MEMBER can stop non members turning up for a 'cheap trackday' is not to maon about it on a website, but put your hand in your pocket and buy a ticket- support your club, then we wont need to sell to non members to recoup some of the cost for the day.

Mike spares van- We will gladly give Mike pride of place in the paddock when he starts selling spares at a reasonable price

Cars parked in model order in the paddock- Cracking idea, dont know why we aint thought of it before! tell you what, you can organise everybody next year so its just how you like it. It is easy, honest- people, without fail, will do as you ask and not just pile in and park wherever they want too- honest!!

Post Thanks / Like

Would there be any interest in RTOC badges, with online names printed on as well, I can prob get some prices, pin type or sew on material ones. I could also prob sort out a sample as well...
    Maybe even caps with names on & RTOC logo?
    May help with people mingling next year ?

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    I mentioned this in the 'Thank you' thread, but to say again, I thought this year's track etiquette was cr8p to be honest.

I said I wasn't going to name names/cars, but feck it, the c*ck in the Spider cut me up twice on different laps, made it hard to overtake (even though I had caught him up relatively quickly), and nearly shoved me on the grass before Gerrards because he wasn't using his mirrors!

And then there's the guy in the yellow VX220 - Last year he wouldn't let Alex in his CSL overtake him for lap after lap, then surprise surprise I come up behind him in the Evo this year, and then proceeded to follow him around for 10 or so laps, until he had had enough & decided to pit.

I'm not risking my life or car trying to overtake or out-brake someone in wet conditions just because they're too fecking ignorant/arrogant to let a quicker car pass them.

Sure, I could've came in for half hour, and then tried going out on track again, but what with the weather, the number of cars on track, and the general lack of track etiquette, it probably wouldn't have made feck all difference anyway

Ray came up with a good idea - Have RTOC member cars only on track of the morning, until lunchtime, then allow everyone/non-members on track for the afternoon session.

And one thing I'd like is a more thorough drivers' briefing, in particular mentioning about over-taking/pulling over when faster cars come up behind you.

I think your exaggerating that a little.

i let everyone who i see to be lapping quicker than myself past. but as you werent and from memory only catching up with me due to traffic why would i let you by to then hold me up?
    sorry im not ignorant and try to drive as best i know how. so if i was genuinely holding you up for the so called 10 laps then i apologise but you have to remember how small mallory is and you will get held up in places.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi View Post
    I think Santapod day should be national day. Santa pod is a far better day and the atmosphere is awesome.

If it stays at Mallory then these are my suggestions:-

I'm fed up of seeing non-members at national day. (could it be these that stole Nicks headunit?) Spectators they can be but certainly not on the track. Also we dont want people signing up for 1 year then attending then dissapearing just coz its a cheap way to get on track.

I think seeing M3s on the track is gay. If you own a toyota supra or a bloody scooby then go track days with them. Stop using RTOC for a cheap track day. Open it up to a few select owners clubs, 21toc, clubclio etc etc, get these clubs to share costs.

Perhaps if at mallory there was none renault parking on the field (becasue none renault shouldnt be on the track) and Renault parking in the paddock.

5s park in the 5 section, 21s in thier section, gta etc etc.
    Lets have the rows of parking set out and published well before the event so that peeps know where to park before the day.

Its good that Mike turns up with his stall so lets make sure hes set up as best he can be with the parking and the paddock arranged around him. We dont want him having to set up willy nilly coz everyone parks where they want.

Well theres my suggestions.

get back to what your good at pal......................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7504zHrQI0

Post Thanks / Like

Barry, I'm not gonna argue the toss about it - I know what I saw, as did Alex, who, as an uncanny coincidence, was riding shotgun in my car at the time.

I only mentioned it originally to highlight the lack of mirrors seemngly not being used in general, the fact that trackdays aren't about 'racing', and the sh1tstorm that happens when it all goes wrong - Cue Nick's accident/car write-off.

It's all water under the bridge now anyway, so no point dragging it on further

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stuTHC View Post
    Kenobi- I know you won't, but if you take the time to read this thread you'll see that all those suggestions are not workable for reasons said on this thread- and dozens of ones like it over the last 4 years. Seen as you wont read it here are a few key points-

Other Renault turbo and just Renault owners club ARE NOT interested in joining our ND. Miller, emma, ashy, clee, dawno, me, Big Steve and others have posted on their forums, messaged/emailed their events people countless times over the last 5 years- still they do not come, or even bother to reply in most cases.

The M3's on track- RTOC members. long serving members, some of who still have (and also brought with them to ND) Renault turbos. All of who have done more for this club over the years than you could imagine.

None Renaults on track- If its a RTOC member what difference does it make if its a renault or not? The person is the member, not their car. I like the variety out on track, makes it more interesting.

Non members there in general- Bottom line is we need them. We shouldn't, but we do. The best way ONE MEMBER can stop non members turning up for a 'cheap trackday' is not to maon about it on a website, but put your hand in your pocket and buy a ticket- support your club, then we wont need to sell to non members to recoup some of the cost for the day.

Mike spares van- We will gladly give Mike pride of place in the paddock when he starts selling spares at a reasonable price

Cars parked in model order in the paddock- Cracking idea, dont know why we aint thought of it before! tell you what, you can organise everybody next year so its just how you like it. It is easy, honest- people, without fail, will do as you ask and not just pile in and park wherever they want too- honest!!
    See that tone of yours? that looking down on other people type of "im more important than you" tone.

Thanks for that. Really glad I tried to have my say about a club i care about now.

Post Thanks / Like

Where was this idea knocked down in the thread then, its why i mentioned it as i thought it may be a good idea to have a more organized parking area and believe quite a few people on here and alot of members i've seen in person at meets though the same.

If pretty much every other club find a way of doing it i can't see why we can't.

Non-member old skool turbo power's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    Where was this idea knocked down in the thread then, its why i mentioned it as i thought it may be a good idea to have a more organized parking area and believe quite a few people on here and alot of members i've seen in person at meets though the same.

If pretty much every other club find a way of doing it i can't see why we can't.

well i did manage to get my car next to another 2 others o.e renalt 5s

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi View Post

I think seeing M3s on the track is gay.
    Me too, always though you were a raving homosexual Jaffa.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Well, I did respond to Clee’s posting on RAOC to come to this and had an interesting day, thanks for all those who came over and chatted about the car and stuff, borrowed tools and bits (sorry I couldn’t help out some of you). Shame the weather didn’t play ball, although it didn’t stop a lot of you having fun. I was surprised that a club of your size would attract so many non Renaults and some cars just looked so out of place (Fiesta/Escort/Japanese stuff etc) but I do understand that you need to get the numbers up to make the day anything approaching viable. The biggest problem must have been the amount of cars let out on the track together. I may be wrong but I didn’t see anyone controlling this (not that this is an RTOC issue, it is the job of Mallory’s officials to do this). Watching from the paddock it looked like standing by a motorway. Way too many cars out there. There was also an assumption that everyone had been to Mallory before, right from the entrance, no one directing cars into the paddock, cars going in both directions around the track, I had to do a u turn with trailer into the pit road for example, again the drivers briefing seemed to assume everyone was a track day regular here. Not RTOC issues I know but something that needs to be mentioned when booking the circuit again, I feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by mart
    I said I wasn't going to name names/cars, but feck it, the c*ck in the Spider cut me up twice on different laps, made it hard to overtake (even though I had caught him up relatively quickly), and nearly shoved me on the grass before Gerrards because he wasn't using his mirrors!
    As someone who is always accused of spending too much time looking in mirrors then looking forwards and getting on with it I find this hard to believe, sorry if it did happen but to tell the truth I did, IIRC about 12 laps late on in the day, on the dry line (had no usable wet tyres) and poodled around not even getting out of third gear, if you couldn’t get by then that speaks for itself really. If I held anyone up it would have only been while was waiting my turn to pass slower cars.

Would I recommend it to other club members?
    Not if they are going to come on here after and read un informed crap like this written about them:
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam L View Post
    That knob jockey in the Spider even tried to blag a passenger ticket and class it as his track pass... **** off, mate.
    Adam, I pm’d you weeks ago to sort this out in private, but you obviously have not got the hang of the pm technicalities as you have not even bothered to read it. Mate, I don’t know you but you need to check your facts before opening your mouth with slanderous accusations. Anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence would realize that no one would trailer a car half way up the country and try to “blag” their way on track. **** off yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I shouldn’t really comment on this years national day with not been able to make it in the T2, but surly it can only be good to see other Renaults attending such as a Spider-GTA's etc, and I thought that was one of the hopes that other RENAULT clubs would maybe start attending.
    Taking into account what as been mentioned previously re; Club finances etc I think the National Day should be Renaults only Turbo or non Turbo, I think the club is running a risk of making the National day just another Track day and in the end you might as well just call it that (Mallory Track Day not RTOC National day).
    Regarding the comments on the previous posts, if correct, well out of order…. that is only going to make other club members (& RTOC members) say forget it, I for one would love to take the T2 round with other Renault enthusiasts but not with lads who are only interested in proving mines faster then yours.
    Come on lads its there to enjoy. National day for Renaults only

Just my 2pence worth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steveT2 View Post
    Maybe I shouldn’t really comment on this years national day with not been able to make it in the T2, but surly it can only be good to see other Renaults attending such as a Spider-GTA's etc, and I thought that was one of the hopes that other RENAULT clubs would maybe start attending.
    Taking into account what as been mentioned previously re; Club finances etc I think the National Day should be Renaults only Turbo or non Turbo, I think the club is running a risk of making the National day just another Track day and in the end you might as well just call it that (Mallory Track Day not RTOC National day).
    Regarding the comments on the previous posts, if correct, well out of order…. that is only going to make other club members (& RTOC members) say forget it, I for one would love to take the T2 round with other Renault enthusiasts but not with lads who are only interested in proving mines faster then yours.
    Come on lads its there to enjoy. National day for Renaults only

Just my 2pence worth

Nail on the head right there IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eastlmark View Post
    As someone who is always accused of spending too much time looking in mirrors then looking forwards and getting on with it I find this hard to believe, sorry if it did happen but to tell the truth I did, IIRC about 12 laps late on in the day, on the dry line (had no usable wet tyres) and poodled around not even getting out of third gear, if you couldn’t get by then that speaks for itself really. If I held anyone up it would have only been while was waiting my turn to pass slower cars
    "Speaks for itself really"?? So you admit there was a dry line, but yet expect it would be easy to pass someone on the wet line? Ok...

I tried said move (before Gerrards), and look what happened...

There's a world of difference between catching up someone & then trying to pass them, in the wet, on a relatively short track.

Anyway, as I mentioned in my previous post, it's all water under the bridge now. I'm sure everyone will be showing exemplary trackday etiquette come next year's ND...maybe

Post Thanks / Like

..So ,should he have pulled onto the wet line in a full on race car to let you pass using the dry bit Think it does explain itself really ,sounds like a soggy day

Post Thanks / Like

I'll add my two sence, as long as iam not spoken down to..

Can we have, same set up as we have had.. But run sessions

Session A 1hour any cars on track

session B 1 hour renault only

session C 1 hour any car on track...

so on so fourth, this give the people with cars they wish to drive on track with out risk of nigel mansle (with tash) smashing into them..

ok shoot the idea down... jankeys

Post Thanks / Like

That's the general idea of trackday etiquette - If a car catches you up, back off the gas, move to one side of the track (usually right), and let them pass.

Some may argue that why put a 'full on race car' on a wet track with no 'usable wet tyres' in the first place. Still, each to their own...

Post Thanks / Like

I agree ,but we all like to play if we pay don't we .
    Sessions for next year
    A.

B

C

Post Thanks / Like

I dont get that clee the pay comment? still get all the money but maybe less time on track if your non renault . Just seems people with classic type renaults might be more interested if there was to be renault only sessions... so they are not compeating with areial atoms and m3's and mx5's at our national day..

Post Thanks / Like

I meant that Mark payed £80 to do the event and only managed to get a dozen laps in all day when a dry line appeared .So all this move over stuff must be seen in light of that .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    I meant that Mark payed £80 to do the event and only managed to get a dozen laps in all day when a dry line appeared .So all this move over stuff must be seen in light of that .
    Ohh move over, track manors most important/most forgoten thing somtimes, well even with sessions we shall get lack of this unfortunetly,its life. especialy with sleeping track marshals..

Post Thanks / Like

Sessions! Jrp you have gotta stop putting tramadol in your crack pipe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    Sessions! Jrp you have gotta stop putting tramadol in your crack pipe.
    I just thought if it whilst watching my fish tanks SESSIONS, bad ide EHH

Post Thanks / Like

Why not just put up a poll/vote asking what RTOC members would really want in the future

1/ Renault Only
    2/ Mixed sessions for Renault Only
    3/ Leave it as is
    4/ ?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Session, yes but one hour no.
    No one should track a car for one hour. 20 / 30 minutes max.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eastlmark View Post

Session, yes but one hour no.
    No one should track a car for one hour. 20 / 30 minutes max.
    Just because i put an hour does not mean you have to run your car for 1 hour.. not everybody goes out on the dot all together...