Post Thanks / Like

exhaust housing .49 to a .47

Just found my .49 housing is foobard on my t28 . I have a .47 housing that is mached to the wheel in the 28 but i was wondering how much would this choke it up ie power loss.

With the .49 it makes 20psi @ 4500 , peak power @6500 and peak tourque @5000 so would this all shift downward in the rev range and as a result give me sufficiantly less power output?

Any help much appreciated in this , ill either swap the housing or have Adam make another

ta

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: exhaust housing .49 to a .47

Depends on what kinda driving ya gunna do, if it shifts the power down the rev range it'll more suited for road driving but since yours is a track weapon I'm guessing you'll want it up the top of the rev range, get on to AdamL and get it done proper like

Post Thanks / Like

olli i think i may say feck it and go .64 depends on how bad that makes it mind . should make full use of the comp side that way though

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear god, the nutter is at it again, what do you rev yours to? ya might just get away with a .64 if you've got a long enough rev range although off boost is gunna be boring

Post Thanks / Like

Ross - you love the boost - you love 7000rpm - and even with the full T28 you where still looking for more - VNT - Big jim - Good times - good times. that's if BJ's set up works well, many have tried and failed as you know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    Ross - you love the boost - you love 7000rpm - and even with the full T28 you where still looking for more - VNT - Big jim - Good times - good times. that's if BJ's set up works well, many have tried and failed as you know.

Don't incourage him, you know what he's like