Post Thanks / Like

the 5 is bein a pain in the **** help

hiya i picked up a cheap renault 5 gt turbo a month or so ago.it hadnt been used in over a year but the previous ownr had been starting it evry now and then i got it going and towed it to my house were it sat for a month as i was waiting for bits a pieces.
    so yesterday went to start it up i had replaced the plugs,leads dizzy arm cap etc and all the earth as they had corroded. also rewire the small 2 black wires that went into the ecu/aei so tryed to start it and it wouldnt go it had no fuel or spark wich was a bit weird as ive had loads of gtts and never seen both no there so i changed the plug leads back to the orginals also the dizzy cap and arm checked the fuel pump that was ok checked fuel pump relay that was fine checked top dead sensor lead and that was also fine removed wires to ecu aei and cleaned them and had a tinker about then from no were my spark and fuel returned and it started so wernt out today and it didnt start and i hadnt touched anything from yesterday so i rewired the top dead senor lead and had another fiddle and again it started from no were.
    soany ideas what it is as ive no idea if it will go tomra lol is it the ecu dieing or tdc lead or a mystery in there any ideas any 1?
    Last edited by mightymanx; 25-04-2013 at 11:24.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: the 5 is bein a pain in the **** help

think ive got it sorted