Post Thanks / Like

Samco bleed valve

Found a weird problem with a hose yesterday that I would of never thought to happen.

Got my header tank bubbling over, whilst on idle. I thought uh ohhhhhhhhh. When I tried to bleed the hose on the top of the water pump it would not bleed at all. After a bit of messing and speaking on the blower to Haz I thought sod it and took the hose off the pump and swirl pot... Blocked both ends off and found the bleed valve wouldn't pass and if it did it was very minimal. So luckily my brother had a spare exact hose. So we bunged that on and bled the system properly. Bingo!

Has anybody else ever had that??

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Samco bleed valve

I've got a samco degasing tank to water pump hose and the bleed nipple is crap. Sometimes the whole nipple moves when i try and undo it.

Not sure whats wrong with yours without looking at it, sounds like you had an air lock. Did you try taking the nipple right out, and pressurising the system?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Samco bleed valve

Quote Originally Posted by chezzer85 View Post
    I've got a samco degasing tank to water pump hose and the bleed nipple is crap. Sometimes the whole nipple moves when i try and undo it.

Not sure whats wrong with yours without looking at it, sounds like you had an air lock. Did you try taking the nipple right out, and pressurising the system?
    Yeah I did mate, looks like there's a little rubber flap inside that once under a certain pressure it blocks the passage... We stuck the other hose on and it was fantastic...